"Auto refresh mode" versus "Live TV / Guide / Update interval" ??
Hello,

Can someone explain me the difference between the following two settings and how they relate to each other? Do I need to set both or only one?

1) IPTV Simple Client add-on --> Auto refresh mode / Repeated refresh

2) Kodi Settings --> PVR & Live TV --> Guide --> Update interval

NB. I have my xmltv-file generated daily on a local network share (smb), and have XMLTV-path setting pointed to that local location.

Thanks,
Jeroen.
1) m3u refresh interval
2) epg update interval
(2021-03-28, 15:00)FXB78 Wrote: 1) m3u refresh interval
2) epg update interval

Hi FXB78,

But according to documentation the "Auto refresh mode" is also for both M3U/XMLTV files.
  Auto refresh mode: Select the auto refresh mode for the M3U/XMLTV files.

So therefore I am confused with "Update interval" setting in  Kodi's Settings/TV/Guide.
(2021-03-28, 15:20)jcjdammers Wrote:
(2021-03-28, 15:00)FXB78 Wrote: 1) m3u refresh interval
2) epg update interval

Hi FXB78,

But according to documentation the "Auto refresh mode" is also for both M3U/XMLTV files.
  Auto refresh mode: Select the auto refresh mode for the M3U/XMLTV files.

So therefore I am confused with "Update interval" setting in  Kodi's Settings/TV/Guide.
On my skin the "Update interval" setting in Kodi's Settings/TV/Guide says "Time between imports of the guide data from backends", so it sounds like a setting for TV Headend/Next PVR etc rather than an m3u/xmltv IPTV Simple Client setup. If you're using Simple Client it probably ignores this setting... I think.
Kodi will ask the addons every x minutes for new EPG data, according to the value of the Kodi setting mentioned above, no matter which add-on you are using. Kodi does not know about any addon specific settings, thus Kodi neither can make use of any add-on settings nor ignore them.
IPTV Simple let’s you reload the channels and EPG data independent of the kodi settings.

So you may have kodi update from the addon once every hour and have the addon update itself (from local file or files on the net) every 8 hours.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Auto refresh mode" versus "Live TV / Guide / Update interval" ??0