Doubts regarding project idea on Achievements in RetroPlayer
(2021-04-11, 22:16)gusandrianos Wrote: Hi @Shardul.

Formatting:
I would shorten the proposal in general but that's a nitpicky thing to comment on.
As I commented on the Google doc, try to minimize the spacing between sections and keep it equal

Content:
I wouldn't say the timeline is very accurate. It is unrealistic to plan to complete the project and open a PR in the first month, coding wise.
The codebase is new and even if you manage to fix some "Good first issues" as you mentioned, it is unlikely it will help you very much with RetroPlayer,
as it is a very specific part of a massive project. It is normal to get overwhelmed and lost for some time while starting.
You will cut some lost time if you manage to build Kodi for your platform and all the add-ons needed beforehand, although that isn't a major time waste in general.

You should not be in a hurry to complete the coding part in the first month, you should take your time and ensure you're going in a good pace but not burn out day and night,
nobody is pushing and nobody is expecting you to work on it 10 hours a day.

It is also not necessary to work on documentation. As long as you have some basic guidance on how someone gets it up and running, you're good, we don't need anything fancy.

Please, make sure to fill out the "Possible mentors" section too.

All in all, the proposal looks good to me, you seem to get the point of what we are trying to do with this project and I like how you have researched some of the tools needed to do it.

If you change your proposal according to the feedback we gave you, please make sure to submit it and finalize it on GSoC's website as the deadline is very close.

Thank you and good luck!
Hello @gusandrianos ,

Thank you for the feedback, I have made changes in my proposal according to the feedback given and also added possible mentors name.

I am planning to build Kodi before Community Bonding period and will try to solve some of the issues related to Kodi's RetroPlayer so that it may help during GSoC time period.
Hello @gusandrianos @NikosSiak , thanks for all of your guidance , this project is selected for GSoC. Now can you please tell where further discussions related to GSoC and community bonding period will take place, I was searching for any forums but did not found any of them.
Looking forward to enjoy this summer with contributing to Kodi.
(2021-05-18, 07:52)Shardul Wrote: Hello @gusandrianos @NikosSiak , thanks for all of your guidance , this project is selected for GSoC. Now can you please tell where further discussions related to GSoC and community bonding period will take place, I was searching for any forums but did not found any of them.
Looking forward to enjoy this summer with contributing to Kodi.

Hello Shardul! I would like to officially welcome you to the project, we're happy to have you. You will get an invite to our GSoC Slack channel soon!
Hello mentors @gusandrianos , @NikosSiak 

I am thinking to start this community bonding period with building KODI in Linux OS with the guide given: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...f-contents .

I will post here the work done in every couple of days(mostly in every one-two days). If you have any suggestions about how should I proceed, please guide me accordingly, I will try to implement them.
I would suggest to talk on the slack channel from now on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Doubts regarding project idea on Achievements in RetroPlayer0