Music stops when display turned on Android
With recent Kodi (don't know exactly since which version) I find that when the display turns of on an Android phone, music stops to play (but resumes when display is turned back on).

A similar behavior I find now on my Shield (Android TV). There Kodi is exited completely, when switching off the TV while Kodi is opened. But when I switch the start screen of the Shield (with Kodi playing in the background) it continues playing.

On neither device I could find an option to change that behaviour. On previous versions it worked without having to change an settings.

Any advice?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Okay. Thanks for your help.

Here is the debug log from the Shield:

https://paste.kodi.tv/venekiqiso.kodi

On the phone I couldn't figure out how to obtain a debug log. Even though enabling the setting in Kodi, no file seems to be written (at least not at any location I expected). Really weird.
No one an idea? On the phone it also shows the described behavior after a clean reinstall. So should be quite easy to reproduce.
Well, I can confirm that on my phone (with android 8.0.0) that turning off the display does indeed pause Kodi until the screen is turned back on.  As I don't normally use Android, I don't know if that is expected behaviour or not.  I do know we don't have an active Android dev at the moment.  Probably your best course of action is to raise this as an issue on github and then at least we will have a record of it there, rather than it just getting lost on here.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Yeah, I guess I will try that.

I don't think the behavior is expected. As said, in previous versions it wasn't the case.
Maybe this workaround might work here as well?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music stops when display turned on Android0