load a specific profile directly via shortcut or similar?
hi,
i was wondering, if there's a way to load a specific profile via shortcut on the desktop?

the problem for me is the following:
my monitor has a resolution of 1280x1024, my old PAL-TV only takes signals up to 800x600. so i created a second (TV-)profile with 800x600 on fullscreen (1st is the master, with 1280...). starting XBMC with the TV-profile already selected works perfectly well; the TV shows everything and so does the monitor.
but to choose the master-profile, if i want to watch something at the monitor, i always have to change the profile in the settings.

i know, there's the 'login screen', BUT when i use this, the TV profile is (with 800x600) always positioned in the upper left corner of the monitor (@1280x1024) and so not fully shown on the TV, too.

so the easiest way (in my eyes) to ged rid of this problem would be, to create 2 shortcuts to XBMC, each selecting the desired profile.
unfortunately i couldn't find anything about such a feature in the Online Manual and the forum search wasn't successful, too.

did i just overlook it or is there simply no feature/possibility to do that?

hope to hear something good Laugh

thanks in advance...
wally
This isn't currently possible (though it could probably be done with some scripting magic). The current profile is stored in profiles.xml I think, in the "root" userdata folder.

A patch to do this via the command line would be most welcome.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i second to that. a very handy function

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
load a specific profile directly via shortcut or similar?0