OS X Movies causes Kodi 19 to crash immediately
Hi - just hoping that someone can point to a guide that'll help me cleaning out Kodi completely from all add-ons, only leaving the new and improved ones. Which will allow me to maintain all the darn thumbnails and viewing information I currently have. Obviously I can copy and past back the DBs, but what is needed for maintaining all the thumbnails?
(2021-04-12, 21:19)KillerBob Wrote: Hi - just hoping that someone can point to a guide that'll help me cleaning out Kodi completely from all add-ons, only leaving the new and improved ones. Which will allow me to maintain all the darn thumbnails and viewing information I currently have. Obviously I can copy and past back the DBs, but what is needed for maintaining all the thumbnails?

I agree. I also tried to delete all my addons since most of them no longer work in Kodi 19.0 anyway.

I cannot delete YouTube addon - can't even disable it. It gives the message:
Quote:YouTube is used by the following installed add-on(s):
m7lib
This add-on can't be uninstalled.
I cannot find any add-on named "m7lib" in Kodi add-ons list, however, I searched my Library folder in the Finder on "m7lib" and found this:
/Users/greg/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.m7lib/lib/m7lib.py

It seems like I could delete the entire directory, ...Kodi/addons/script.module.m7lib/
Don't know if that is a recommended practice or not and I don't want to mess up Kodi.
(2021-04-22, 00:21)gkeraunen Wrote:
(2021-04-12, 21:19)KillerBob Wrote: Hi - just hoping that someone can point to a guide that'll help me cleaning out Kodi completely from all add-ons, only leaving the new and improved ones. Which will allow me to maintain all the darn thumbnails and viewing information I currently have. Obviously I can copy and past back the DBs, but what is needed for maintaining all the thumbnails?

I agree. I also tried to delete all my addons since most of them no longer work in Kodi 19.0 anyway.

I cannot delete YouTube addon - can't even disable it. It gives the message:
Quote:YouTube is used by the following installed add-on(s):
m7lib
This add-on can't be uninstalled.
I cannot find any add-on named "m7lib" in Kodi add-ons list, however, I searched my Library folder in the Finder on "m7lib" and found this:
/Users/greg/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.m7lib/lib/m7lib.py

It seems like I could delete the entire directory, ...Kodi/addons/script.module.m7lib/
Don't know if that is a recommended practice or not and I don't want to mess up Kodi.

Even just a guide on how to blow EVERYTHING away, but save the DBs and the thumbnails, to put them back in, would be helpful...
(2021-04-08, 19:13)KillerBob Wrote: That did it. I disabled "Extract thumbnails from video files". Thx for the suggestion...

Is this feature something that will be worked on, and improve, or just something I can't do in my setup?

I had the same problem since upgrading from Krypton to Matrix. If you set the thumbnail manually using Choose Art for the file causing the crash (ie. the last file shown in the log) you can safely turn "Extract thumbnails" back on because Kodi wont try to extract the thumbnail again.
(2021-04-07, 05:38)KillerBob Wrote: I am on Official release Kodi 19. I am running it on two Macs, both latest Big Sur. On both, when I open Kodi and it scans for TV and Movies, all is well. I can go into TV Shows, I can go into Music, and Pictures, but the second I go into Movies, Kodi crashes.

This only started happening a few days ago, and hence I tried reverting to an older movie DB, and the result is still a crash when I go into Movies.

I can go directly to Recent Movies, Years Movies, etc., but when I click Movies itself, Kodi crashes.

This happens on all skins, and on both Macs.

Any suggestions?
I have exactly the same Problem.
Kodi is running at Mac Mini (Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies causes Kodi 19 to crash immediately0