OS X Movies causes Kodi 19 to crash immediately
I am on Official release Kodi 19. I am running it on two Macs, both latest Big Sur. On both, when I open Kodi and it scans for TV and Movies, all is well. I can go into TV Shows, I can go into Music, and Pictures, but the second I go into Movies, Kodi crashes.

This only started happening a few days ago, and hence I tried reverting to an older movie DB, and the result is still a crash when I go into Movies.

I can go directly to Recent Movies, Years Movies, etc., but when I click Movies itself, Kodi crashes.

This happens on all skins, and on both Macs.

Any suggestions?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/1920...-787204220

Without debug log the above is a shot in the dark. Had reports of thumbnail extraction crashing. Workaround is to disable thumbnail extraction
(2021-04-07, 05:38)KillerBob Wrote: This only started happening a few days ago

what changed on your side before it started happening?

please also attach crash log.
I enabled Debug log, exitted Kodi, went back in. Clicked on Movies, and bingo bob:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/WhS4923DXC/

Hope someone can shed some light on my problem...

Thanks!
(2021-04-07, 22:58)KillerBob Wrote: I enabled Debug log, exitted Kodi, went back in. Clicked on Movies, and bingo bob:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/WhS4923DXC/

Hope someone can shed some light on my problem...

Thanks!

the workaround has already been given to you:
Quote:Workaround is to disable thumbnail extraction

As far as I can see, when all is ok we see this:
Quote:ExtractThumb - seeking to pos 1980346ms (total: 5941040ms) in /Volumes/Films/My Films/Kapring/Kapring.mkv
SeekTime - seek ended up on time 1980000
ffmpeg[0x7ffbbf4608b0X]: [src] sws_param option is deprecated and ignored
Before the crash output is:
Quote:ExtractThumb - seeking to pos 2517864ms (total: 7553593ms) in /Volumes/Films/My Films/The Fifth Element/The Fifth Element.avi
SeekTime - unknown position after seek
That did it. I disabled "Extract thumbnails from video files". Thx for the suggestion...

Is this feature something that will be worked on, and improve, or just something I can't do in my setup?
I'm not aware of anyone looking into it as yet, so really dont have any further info right now
(2021-04-08, 19:13)KillerBob Wrote: That did it. I disabled "Extract thumbnails from video files". Thx for the suggestion...

Is this feature something that will be worked on, and improve, or just something I can't do in my setup?

it'd help a lot if you could upload a piece of your "broken" movie for reproduction.
(2021-04-08, 22:40)kambala Wrote:
(2021-04-08, 19:13)KillerBob Wrote: That did it. I disabled "Extract thumbnails from video files". Thx for the suggestion...

it'd help a lot if you could upload a piece of your "broken" movie for reproduction.
I am not sure I understand what you mean? Do you think it is the actual movie file creating the crash?
(2021-04-07, 22:58)KillerBob Wrote: Hope someone can shed some light on my problem...

For starters, do not come here asking for support when you have add-ons installed that facilitate video piracy. Such add-ons are also known to cause havoc in Kodi core functionality.

As per our piracy policy (wiki), support will halt until a clean Kodi setup is presented via a debug log (wiki) file.

You may have registered in 2012 already, but forum rules can be updated, and they have been updated.
Especially regarding 3rd party add-ons that provide movies/tvshows/sports online for free.
I have on idea what you are talking about. Seriously. I don't know what add-ons you are referring to. When ver. 19 came out a few months ago, I thought I cleaned out entirely - at least that was my intention...
(2021-04-09, 04:03)KillerBob Wrote:
(2021-04-08, 22:40)kambala Wrote:

I am not sure I understand what you mean? Do you think it is the actual movie file creating the crash?

yes, Kodi crashes when parsing one of your movies, most probably /Volumes/Films/My Films/The Fifth Element/The Fifth Element.avi. If it wasn't specific movie related, everyone would see this crash.
(2021-04-09, 05:09)KillerBob Wrote: I have on idea what you are talking about. Seriously. I don't know what add-ons you are referring to.

Code:
2021-04-07 14:53:36.928 T:289034 INFO <general>: CAddonMgr::FindAddons: repository.exodus v2.0.0 installed
2021-04-07 14:53:36.936 T:289034 INFO <general>: CAddonMgr::FindAddons: script.exodus.artwork v1.0.5 installed
2021-04-07 14:53:36.936 T:289034 INFO <general>: CAddonMgr::FindAddons: script.exodus.metadata v1.0.0 installed

You may have upgraded your device to v19, but likely forgot about Kodi's settings and add-ons.
Exodus has become the poster child by now for illegal streaming of movies and other videos.
It has tarnished Kodi's reputation quite a bit, and it's simply not welcome on our forum.
Thank you for highlighting that. 

Is there a way to delete ALL of the remnants of XBMC and KODI, reinstall the latest version, whilst keeping all the media information, thumbnails, etc.? It takes forever to recreate that library and for a lot of it I have had to create my own art.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies causes Kodi 19 to crash immediately0