Freeze within the UI of Matrix 19
Hello,

I've got a question about Kodi Matrix 19 (clean install). I use it on a Windows 10 System. There is a "freeze" within the UI when I jump out of my movie collection back to the root menu (with "ESC" on the keyboard).
There is also a freeze when I try to open the build-in File Explorer. The freeze has a duration about 10 seconds. I use the prefered skin an no addition addon.
I used the 64 bit setup file from the download section and also the App in the microsoft app store. No difference about the freeze between each other.
After a fresh start of Kodi there is no "freeze" at the beginning when I jump back to the root menu or into the file explorer. But after a short time the freeze is there.
In my opinion there is a problem with the update of my file system in the background.

There is no freeze when I use the 18.9 Version and do the same things after a clean install on the same system.

Does anyone have a idea what could be the problem?

Thanks
Talcom
(2021-04-07, 06:39)Talcom Wrote: I used the 64 bit setup file from the download section and also the App in the microsoft app store.
These are two different installation paths; as to say you have tried Kodi twice in different places with the same results. You don't include a link to a proper debug log, so it's just mere speculation that this is a gfx engine issue (flushing gfx memory), there was a lot of new work in Matrix to get into new gfx capabilities. The backspace key should do what the esc key does, or does that function well without a freeze?
(2021-04-07, 18:51)PatK Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 06:39)Talcom Wrote: I used the 64 bit setup file from the download section and also the App in the microsoft app store.
These are two different installation paths; as to say you have tried Kodi twice in different places with the same results. You don't include a link to a proper debug log, so it's just mere speculation that this is a gfx engine issue (flushing gfx memory), there was a lot of new work in Matrix to get into new gfx capabilities. The backspace key should do what the esc key does, or does that function well without a freeze?
Thanks for your answer. 

Here is my debug log: hastebin

As you can see there is a freeze at line 737 for about 20 seconds. At this moment I want to leave the main settings menu with "esc" to come back to the root menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freeze within the UI of Matrix 190