Crashes every time I start another video while playing a video
So anytime I start a movie and don't let it finish all the way through than attempt to start another video it crashes. Happens every single time.

http://pastebin.ca/1181087
I am having the same problem but only crashes intermittently and I can never reproduce, it just seems to happen from time to time. Huh
Asus Essentio CS5110, Intel E8300, 2 GB Ram, 8600M GT
treefour Wrote:I am having the same problem but only crashes intermittently and I can never reproduce, it just seems to happen from time to time. Huh

Oh yeah I'm running Vista so I think that also maybe a bit of a problem as I think it's a bit more unstable on vista for some reason.
is this correct?
1) you play a video
2) you stop it some place in the middle
3) you immediately play another video
4) crash? (what exactly happens? freeze? windows crash dialog?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d, yes that's what happens. When playing the second video it will freeze (actually it skips like an old record and stutters at one spot), then when I bring up task manager I get a windows crash dialog that that gives me a memory error message.
produce a debug log. i just played four videos part way through back-to-back without an issue. im using a build from an svn sync from yesterday. oh and my computer is a piece of crap -- XP/SP3, P4 1.7ghz (the original with rdram!), 1gb ram, GeForce FX 5600 (only 256mb)

i skipped about 20 minutes in, let it play about 5 minutes, then stopped, and immediately went to another video. duplicate what i did and see if this crashes for you.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I'll give it a whirl, but like I said it's intermittent and the wife gives me grief if I run XBMC in debug mode, because of the cpu, fps info at teh top of the screen please bear with me as I try to reproduce it.
Cheers
use advancedsettings.xml to enable debug logging without the other stuff. search the manual in my sig.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crashes every time I start another video while playing a video0