I need help accessing mysql outside the internal network
I installed mysql on windows 10 to sync between the kodi devices at home
And I have a TV at work where I also installed kodi and on the computer at home I installed ftp server and I manage to access the media,
How do I attach this kodi to sync with mysql at home?
Thanks in advance.
MySQL works by default on port 3306, so that one is to be opened on your router and firewall.
However, I'd suggest a different port to mask and keep simple hackers at bay, and use some port translation in your router.
Got a Kodi problem? Provide us with a full Debug log (wiki) || Usefull pages: First time user (wiki) || Troubleshooting (wiki) || Free content (wiki) || Forum rules (wiki) || VPN policy (wiki)
(2021-04-08, 13:33)Klojum Wrote: MySQL works by default on port 3306, so that one is to be opened on your router and firewall.
However, I'd suggest a different port to mask and keep simple hackers at bay, and use some port translation in your router.

In the advancedsettings.xml file In the kodi at work I only change the ip and put the external ip there?
(2021-04-08, 13:38)razserv2010 Wrote: kodi at work

Eek Hmm... It makes me wonder what kind of job you do at all. I don't know what internet setup you have at your "work" place, and I'm not going to mess with it.

I already gave you a hint that you need to open a port in your router. If there is insufficient knowledge at your workplace about internet port forwarding, your company should hire an IT professional.
Got a Kodi problem? Provide us with a full Debug log (wiki) || Usefull pages: First time user (wiki) || Troubleshooting (wiki) || Free content (wiki) || Forum rules (wiki) || VPN policy (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I need help accessing mysql outside the internal network0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.