Storing Artwork Locally
I realize that this has probably been asked a thousand times, but I can't seem to find an answer, so apologies in advance...

Because of the way my house is laid out, my Kodi PC connects connects wirelessly to the network, which isn't an issue when streaming movies and TV shows, but is VERY slow when pulling the associated artwork stored on my NAS. As a result, what I am trying to do is to store the artwork on an SSD in my PC, while the movies remain on the NAS. Is this sort of 'split storage' possible, and if so, how do I go about it?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Aha. Maybe it's as straightforward as including the UNC of the resource where the artwork is stored in the .NFO file? Can anyone confirm this?
Artwork is already being cached locally by default, in the userdata/Thumbnails subfolder.
Should there a problem retrieving posters/fanart/etc, then you'll need to take a look at your internet connection.
If you already .nfo files that have a different content or fanart URLs/locations, then that may interfere with your current setup.

Alternatively, you could store all thumbnails on a server, and use pathsubstitution so all connected Kodi clients can access them.
(2021-04-08, 16:58)Klojum Wrote: Artwork is already being cached locally by default, in the userdata/Thumbnails subfolder.
Should there a problem retrieving posters/fanart/etc, then you'll need to take a look at your internet connection.
If you already .nfo files that have a different content or fanart URLs/locations, then that may interfere with your current setup.

Alternatively, you could store all thumbnails on a server, and use pathsubstitution so all connected Kodi clients can access them.

Your second suggestion is exactly what I'm after. I was coming to that conclusion, but you just speeded things up by a factor of ten or so lol. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Storing Artwork Locally0