Batocera or EmuELEC + Kodi?
After reading the entire threads on "Pick the Right Kodi Box" and "4K HDR10 - State of Play", I've decided my next Kodi box will be the ODROID-N2+ w/4GB running CoreELEC; as I want: Correct - MaxCLL/FALL HDR Infoframe data output & auto Frame Rate Matching / TV Refresh Rate Switching & Dynamic Range Matching / Colorspace Switching.

However, I also want to play games on it and wondered if Batocera.linux (which includes Kodi) will work as well as CoreELEC for Kodi?

What about EmuELEC?

I want the best RetroArch environment with the least amount of latency while not sacrificing ANY quality in the Kodi playback.

Any help in figuring this out would be most appreciated.
(2021-04-15, 06:50)selfcontained Wrote: After reading the entire threads on "Pick the Right Kodi Box" and "4K HDR10 - State of Play", I've decided my next Kodi box will be the ODROID-N2+ w/4GB running CoreELEC; as I want: Correct - MaxCLL/FALL HDR Infoframe data output & auto Frame Rate Matching / TV Refresh Rate Switching & Dynamic Range Matching / Colorspace Switching.

However, I also want to play games on it and wondered if Batocera.linux (which includes Kodi) will work as well as CoreELEC for Kodi?

What about EmuELEC?

I want the best RetroArch environment with the least amount of latency while not sacrificing ANY quality in the Kodi playback.

Any help in figuring this out would be most appreciated.
To complicate matters even more, I've been told that for gameplay with the lowest latency-chain one needs a RetroArch set up with the following:

"Direct Rendering Manager" (DRM) and "Kernel Mode-Setting" (KMS) for OpenGL outside xorg requires:
MESA 9.0+
libgbm 9.0+
libdrm
open source driver that supports KMS/DRM:
  • radeon driver for AMD Kalveri APU
  • amdgpu driver for AMD Carrizo APU
  • amdgpu driver for AMD Bristol APU
  • amdgpu driver for AMD Stoney Ridge APU
  • tegra driver for Tegra 20 & Tegra 30
  • nouveau driver for maxwell, K1, X1, tesla, fermi, kepler
  • i915 driver for Intel GMA 830M, 845G, 852GM, 855GM, 865G, 915G, 945G, 965G, G35, G41, G43, G45 chipsets. Intel HD and Iris Graphics HD Graphics 2000/3000/2500/4000/4200/4400/4600/P4600/P4700/5000, Iris Graphics 5100, Iris Pro Graphics 5200 integrated GPU
./configure with flags "--enable-kms" and "--enable-egl"
------
RetroArch 1.9.1/libretro/linux
V-Sync = off vs. on & V-Sync swap interval: 1
if game is 30fps keep audio latency at 64ms
change audio latency from 64ms to 32ms or 16ms for games NOT 30fps
frame delay = 0
threaded video = off
estimated screen framerate (check)
Hard GPU sync = off vs. on & Hard GPU sync frames: 0
gpu copy mode = standard
frame-skipping = on/auto
input bind timeout = 1/true/yes
input remap binds enabled = true/yes
exclusive fullscreen = on (way better than "windowed" or "borderless" fullscreen)
force disable sRGB FBO = off
Vulkan (vs. OpenGL)
When up-scaling needed, use Horz+Vert integer ratio scaling (integer-ratio, integer-factor, integral) scaling, pixel-perfect scaling, and pixel doubling (duplication) + but no bilinear interpolation + no shaders + perfect-circle aspect-ratio [for retro games = 8:7 vs. 4:3] w/black-borders if needed but crop to fill the screen as much as possible

I have experienced latency in RetroArch (although versions earlier than the current 1.9.1) and so I would like to optimize the RetroArch usage on the ODROID-N2+ with Batocera, EmuELEC, or CoreELEC. Any insight to this tangle of info?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Batocera or EmuELEC + Kodi?0