Configuring & Adding SMB/Samba Network shares
See this HOW TO https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=362113
Placeholder
Placeholder 2
Hi,

I would like to ask your help.
My SMB network was working perfectly, but 1,5 weeks ago the SMB has lost.
The SMB setup as well. I use Kodi 19.3 Matrix.
What is the problem? Is there any addon to fi this for working SMB again?

Thanks for your reply.
Hi there 👋

Thanks very much for the detailed tutorial.

I managed to add the shared directory in Kodi on Windows, but in the TV app, it's giving the following error:

- Can anyone assist further?

- Is it even necessary to enable the directory in the tv app if it's already done in the Windows app? (The entire intention with using Kodi is to view my computer's video library on my tv via Chromecast)

- Lastly, the tv app, version 19.3, is repeatedly prompting about the available 19.4, but it's unclear how to update it (in a tv app environment).

Thanks in advance for further guidance.

Cheers 😉
Since you mention the Chromecast then I assume it's the Google TV device which runs Android. In which case there's some Android specific instructions here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=362115
Smile 
(2022-06-22, 22:44)jjd-uk Wrote: Since you mention the Chromecast then I assume it's the Google TV device which runs Android. In which case there's some Android specific instructions here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=362115

Gotcha, thanks for linking, will check it out. 👍
I am struggling with SMB in Kodi as well. Here is what I have so far. Please advise. I have had this set up via wifi to communicate with my Windows 10 laptop. It has worked fine. I simply wanted to have things hardwired. Since adding the hardwired connections, I tried to update the IP address accordingly. Now, when I use the IP address for the server, I get an error "Connection Refused." When I use the laptop name for the server, I get the error, "Invalid Argument." But no matter what, it will not connect to my laptop/hard drive anymore. Does SMB simply not work on hardwired connections? Please let me know if there are any suggestions or answers on this. I don't know how to do an error log or anything. I would say, I'm savvy enough to have figured this much out but not anything else. Sad Thank you in advance.
SMB works fine on hardwire (Ethernet)

Trying to be clear -- you have some media source(s) on a device that is set to SMB share folders, and before a Win 10 laptop with wifi could run kodi (version not stated) and access those folder shares.  Then you reconfigured your network and now have an ethernet connection with the same laptop in use.  I'm assuming the laptop and the device with SMB shared folders are on the same subnet?  I would first force any connections on the device closed.  Then try to access from Win 10 laptop to the server device with your kodi credential in the file explorer.  If you can't get that then you need to troubleshoot that.  Then start Kodi and in system settings turn on debug level logging, restart Kodi, and try to access the folder share.  If not working upload the resulting kodi.log to paste.kodi.tv and copy the link to your paste into your reply here.

scott s.
I was running Kodi 19.4 but since I started over for S&G, I am now on Kodi 20 Nexus. I was using Kodi from an Amazon Firestick 4k Max. The laptop has a WD HD connected that all my files are backed up on. That is my file source. Subnet is the same. What I can do, unless you think otherwise, is turn on Debugging as you've indicated the next time I try to tackle this. For now, I have gone back to WiFi and its back to working again...
well sort of but its a different topic for a different forum, unless you are willing to address here but it has to do with how the files are appearing in Kodi 20 as opposed to how they appeared in Kodi 19.4. I'm guessing it has to do with adjustments that need to be made to the menu options through Aeon Nox Silvo. But again, this is a different topic. Thank you for your help. I would have responded sooner but was expecting an email notification of your reply and didn't get it. But I should in the future now that I have that checked. Again, thank you.
Alright, so just a quick update. I will be working on trying the steps you suggested for a wired connection over the weekend. I did get my alternate issues sorted out with the menu, movie posters and menu path for everything. That is in a separate post under Aeon Nox Silvo if anyone needs the help, they can go there. Don't know if its permitted but here is the link. This is if anyone has issues sorting out the posters not appearing correctly for movies or tv shows and making sure the correct, customized menu path is set up for movies and tv shows under the Aeon Nox Silvo skin. I'll be back in a couple days with hopefully successful reports in fixing switching from WiFi to hardwired ethernet. Thank you!

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3095158
Alright, So for anyone viewing this page, Here is my update. Be patient and do not rush or force the process if everything is not quite up to bar with where it should be. I followed all the steps I did the first time to change the IP Address for the source for Movies and TV Shows and this time it worked. The difference, I noticed, prior my ethernet to my firestick was saying "Connected With Problems." Before rushing in to make all the changes this time, I simply rebooted the firestick. Waited about 5 minutes and then it simply said "Connected." This time when I went into Kodi to update the IP Address for hardwire instead of wifi, everything updated in Kodi and is working perfectly. I'm completely hardwired with ethernet and everything is lightening fast compared to the WiFi, despite the ISP claiming "lightening WiFi" as well.

Step 1: Disconnect source from WiFi(laptop, desktop, Hard Drive, etc...)
Step 2: Disconnect Firestick from WiFi
Step 3: Connect ethernet cables to both devices
Step 4: Reboot Firestick
Step 5: Confirm both source and Firestick are connected fully(No message about "Connected with Problems" or "Connected - No Internet."
Step 6: Enter IP Address from source into Kodi>File Manager>Movies or Kodi>File Manager>TV Shows
Step 7: Go to System>Media>Library>Videos
Step 8: Highlight Movies and Hard Press until option for "Edit Source" shows. Select it.
Step 9: Select Browse and then select the new SMB path. (Once completed you can go back and do this for TV Shows as well) 
Step 10: Wait for Kodi to reload the files from the source and then enjoy!
I am also looking for help. Here is what I have. I am running a QNAP TS-431 with a mini PC to stream both online and NAS media files. I upgraded to Kodi 19.4 and this started happening: I can mount the QNAP smb shares and they will play perfectly, but when I shut down or log off, the shares for the NAS disappear and I have to remount them in the files section. I have read about similar issues online and changes minimum and maximum smb to SMB 1. I have also made sure the NAS and PC are on the same network. However, none of this has solved the issue. I am asking please, if anyone can provide insight, I would appreciate it. I have been using Kodi for these uses since 20010. This is the first time it has occurred. Online movies and services all work great.

Thanks in advance.
First of all can you confirm your clients are Window's PC's, as you've posted in the Window's subforum?
Yes, running Windows 10.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configuring & Adding SMB/Samba Network shares0