difficulty adding music to library
I searched for this problem in the WIKI and FAQ, but did not see it.
I am a relative NOOB, and I appreciate your help.
HW is new RPi4B and Samsung 860EVO SSD on Sabrent USB adapter cable, formatted ext4.
OS is DietPi 7.0 Allo Gui
SW is Kodi 18.7 from DietPi distribution.

If I run the latest Raspian buster OS, it shows this SSD at:  /media/pi/Tunes, and reads it fine.

When I run DietPi/Kodi and go to the Add Music to Library screen, and try to browse for the SSD, it doesn't show up.

When I enter the address  /media/pi/Tunes  manually, I get an "unable to connect" message.

When I enter the address /media/pi/sda1  manually,  I get an "unable to connect" message.

I have used this SSD/cable combo successfully with RPi4B and Kodi 18.5 on LibreElec 9.2, but I believe that one was formatted NTFS.

Unfortunately, my notes from the last go round are not very good.

Thanks for your help.

Bil Sheckler
If you only need Kodi, then I'd say LibreELEC is your safest bet on a RPi4.
LibreELEC is currently using Kodi 19 already, and the testing of the 2nd beta (9.95.2) is underway.

EXT4 is indeed the best disk format when using with a Linux OS solution.
DietPi is a sort of swiss army knife that just happens to include (an older) Kodi.
(2021-04-17, 20:42)Klojum Wrote: If you only need Kodi, then I'd say LibreELEC is your safest bet on a RPi4.
LibreELEC is currently using Kodi 19 already, and the testing of the 2nd beta (9.95.2) is underway.

DietPi is a sort of swiss army knife that just happens to include (an older) Kodi.
Klojum, Thank You for your rapid reply.

Yes, I'm just making a music player, so sounds like back to LibreELEC.

Closed.

Best Regards,

Bil Sheckler
(2021-04-17, 20:42)Klojum Wrote: If you only need Kodi, then I'd say LibreELEC is your safest bet on a RPi4.

"Klojum", Thank You for your reply and your thoughtful analysis.
I liked the flexibility that DietPi offered, and was intrigued by the allegedly tweaked and optimized apps, but it looks like back to LibreELEC for these boxes.
Keep Up the Great Work !!!!
Bil Sheckler
You won't get anything more optimised for Kodi usage than LE since that's all it provides. So LE can do any OS/kernel optimisations required solely to improve the Kodi experience without worrying about impacting other apps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
difficulty adding music to library0