Resetting album art cache (?) to fix incorrect thumbnails
Hi,

I'm running Kodi 18.7 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with the official 7" touchscreen and a custom Estouchy-derived skin.

My music source is a UPnP/DLNA server (TwonkyServer 8.5 running on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, FWIW).

I'm experiencing the following issue: when displaying the contents of some albums in thumbnail form, the album art thumbnail for a few songs is incorrect (belongs to something totally unrelated: wrong artist, wrong album...)

I know that the DLNA server's not the culprit, since the exact same album listed by e.g. VLC used as DLNA client, or even another instance of Kodi running on a Windows PC shows the correct album art thumbnails.

Is there some form of cache that Kodi maintains and that I could clear to fix that issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi
Try it ( if exist with your skin)
Quit kodi
Delete simplecache.db
Regards
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
(2021-05-02, 08:35)Aphykit2006 Wrote: Hi
Try it ( if exist with your skin)
Quit kodi
Delete simplecache.db
Regards

Hi,

I don't have this file...

$ find ~/.kodi -name '*.db'
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/Database/Epg11.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/Database/ADSP0.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/Database/TV32.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/Database/Epg12.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos116.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyMusic60.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/Database/ViewModes6.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons27.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos107.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyMusic72.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/Database/TV29.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.tuneinradio/recents.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.tuneinradio/genres.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.tuneinradio/formats.db
/home/pi/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.tuneinradio/shows.db
Hi
Its metadateutils for kodi 19.
I'd a similar problem.
No more suggests.
Texturecache ?
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
(2021-05-02, 14:40)Aphykit2006 Wrote: Hi
Its metadateutils for kodi 19.
I'd a similar problem.
No more suggests.
Texturecache ?

I'm running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+, so for now I'm stuck with Kodi 18.7...
(2021-04-18, 17:26)sba923 Wrote: My music source is a UPnP/DLNA server (TwonkyServer 8.5 running on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, FWIW).

I'm experiencing the following issue: when displaying the contents of some albums in thumbnail form, the album art thumbnail for a few songs is incorrect (belongs to something totally unrelated: wrong artist, wrong album...)

Is there some form of cache that Kodi maintains and that I could clear to fix that issue?
While Kodi does cache all artwork it uses (files in subfolders userdata/thumbnails/X and textures13.db), seeing the wrong art for a few songs is unlikely to be a cache issue. It could be worth seeing your MyMusic72.db (upload it to the cloud and PM me a link), along with a list of the songs where the art is wrong just to check what images assigned to them.

But I know nothing about how using UPnP could impact artwork, so unsure how much that could contribute.
Well your music database is empty, so I was completely off base thinking that it could help us. I forgot that UPnP in this case means that you are not using the music library at all, so no clues there.

Saying"when displaying the contents of some albums in thumbnail form" made me assume that you were browsing the music library, but I guess you mean when in file view. In that case the images come either from a folder.jpg file located in the same folder or from metadata embedded in the files, either should give you random images from other albums.

As I said I know nothing about using Kodi via UPnP, sorry I really don't have any ideas.
(2021-05-04, 19:31)DaveBlake Wrote: Well your music database is empty, so I was completely off base thinking that it could help us. I forgot that UPnP in this case means that you are not using the music library at all, so no clues there.

Saying"when displaying the contents of some albums in thumbnail form" made me assume that you were browsing the music library, but I guess you mean when in file view. In that case the images come either from a folder.jpg file located in the same folder or from metadata embedded in the files, either should give you random images from other albums.

As I said I know nothing about using Kodi via UPnP, sorry I really don't have any ideas.

I know that the thumbnails returned by the DLNA server are retrieved either from a Folder.jpg file or from embedded metadata.

But only Kodi gets this wrong -- I've added screenshots of VLC showing the exact same albums in the cloud folder I shared with you in my PM.

If anyone's aware of how Kodi retrieves and probably caches the DNLA thumbnails...
Well, short of deleting the TexturesXX.db and the entire contents of the thumbnails directory (which will force Kodi to re-cache everything again), you might like to look at the texturecache utility. This can be used to remove any incorrectly cached art and force an update to the correct art. Instructions are in the linked thread.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-05-05, 10:48)black_eagle Wrote: Well, short of deleting the TexturesXX.db and the entire contents of the thumbnails directory (which will force Kodi to re-cache everything again), you might like to look at the texturecache utility. This can be used to remove any incorrectly cached art and force an update to the correct art. Instructions are in the linked thread.

Removing Textures13.db and the entire contents of the Thumbnails directory did the job, thanks for the tip.

Now we'll have to understand what the root cause for that corruption was...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resetting album art cache (?) to fix incorrect thumbnails0