• 2(current)
PlayOn UPnP MediaServer for Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, and Amazon VOD playback in XBMC
I have followed what you guys have said. Installed the Playon, set up the UPnP and have no problem linking to it and seeing the content.

I see the folders and it launches the videos. However on any of the HULU and CBS videos it will only play the first 15secs of it, then it kicks out of the video and back to the episode selection screen. I can't figure out why, because the ESPN and the YOU TUBE work just fine and I don't get kicked out.

I even tried running the hulu content with the "DVD player" play as... and just like clockwork on everything it plays the first 15 sec and then kicks me out. Everything is still selectable and I can select it again, plays 15sec and kicks out.

There is no firewall, no nothing stopping it on the PC cpu. Does anybody else have this problem, and if they do, what can I do to fix it. Thanks for any help that you can provide.

;
Same problem here, only first 15 seconds or so. Tried it on two different xboxes, one with the latest atlantis beta build, the other with a build from August; no go. Works fine on my 360.

Any ideas? Any workarounds?
jynx510 Wrote:Same problem here, only first 15 seconds or so. Tried it on two different xboxes, one with the latest atlantis beta build, the other with a build from August; no go. Works fine on my 360.

Any ideas? Any workarounds?

It is a bug - they are supposedly working on it. Does the same thing on an Xbox360...

xnappo
I just installed this and got it working. It took about 5 minutes to download, install, and configure. It's pretty simple. Then it took 2 minutes to add to my sources in XBMC. Worked flawlessly. Sure, for a couple of sources you can't rewind or fast forward, but they're streams so that's to be expected. I was able to watch two 10 minute YouTube videos (Robin Williams on Whose Line is a must see) without any problems.
szsori Wrote:I just installed this and got it working. It took about 5 minutes to download, install, and configure. It's pretty simple. Then it took 2 minutes to add to my sources in XBMC. Worked flawlessly. Sure, for a couple of sources you can't rewind or fast forward, but they're streams so that's to be expected. I was able to watch two 10 minute YouTube videos (Robin Williams on Whose Line is a must see) without any problems.

You are correct. You tube and ESPN work great. We are talking about Hulu and CBS not working, as after 15 secs it drops. I guess it is a bug and Playon is working on fixing it. Lets hope sooner rather than later....

;
Got it installed last night and like everyone said, hulu and CBS plays for 15sec, but YouTube and ESPN were great. Anyone know how often they release updates? I'd like to get an update before my 3 week trial runs out. I really don't watch ESPN or youtube all the much. I really want the hulu one to work...

J
Hulu and CBS appear to be working now. I tried last night and watched several shows on both. Just FYI.

J
Never Mind, I just needed to update to the latest copy.

Works great, I have that start twice thing also.
If we could increase the XBMC start delay, I think that would remove this issue.
I am able to stream CBS, ESPN, and You Tube with Play On. However anytime I try to play anything off of Hulu it says "caching subtitles" and goes back to the thumbnail of the clip I want to play. After doing this twice it says "Playlist aborted Too many consecutive failed items". I can see all the content but am unable to play anything from Hulu. Anyone else having this problem or any ideas? Nevermind, didn't know there was a update for Play On. It is working now. Sorry
Hulu plays for me, but it starts and stops constantly. I was trying to watch dunston checks in and it plays the first 25 seconds then slows down and pauses then starts playing again then pauses. It's like it running out of buffer. I can play the movie on hulu with no problem though. Actually, Youtube and CBS are both doing the same thing. Maybe it's because I'm on a wireless network? I have a 6MB connection, so that isn't the problem. I'm using XBMC on AppleTV if that makes any difference.
If both the ATV and your PC are wireless than that might be the issue because the video needs to be transmitted two or three times. Eek

Router -> Wireless -> PC -> Wireless -> ATV

Or if your wireless devices can't talk to one another directly (Likely)

Router -> Wireless -> PC -> Wireless -> Router -> Wireless -> ATV

Try it with the PC and cable modem hard wired if possible.

The other possibility is that your desktop PC just isn't powerful enough to do the transcoding.
XBMC user since before that Music db hack.
Now with his 2nd DMCA Takedown
Newest version of playon now works flawless with Hulu. No more stopping 15 sec in
yep had email from them this morning saying about it! looking forward to work finishing and giving it a go!!
Not to mention that they have now enabled us to watch most Hulu stuff in 480p Smile
yoshiofthewire Wrote:If both the ATV and your PC are wireless than that might be the issue because the video needs to be transmitted two or three times. Eek

Router -> Wireless -> PC -> Wireless -> ATV

Or if your wireless devices can't talk to one another directly (Likely)

Router -> Wireless -> PC -> Wireless -> Router -> Wireless -> ATV

Try it with the PC and cable modem hard wired if possible.
Yea, I thought of that. I wouldn't think it would take THAT much bandwith though. I'll probably plug my desktop into the wall (we have structured wiring) to take it off wireless. The desktop is on wireless because people kept tripping over my Cat 5 cable.Angry
yoshiofthewire Wrote:The other possibility is that your desktop PC just isn't powerful enough to do the transcoding.
Not so likely. I have a C2D 6420 overclocked to 3.2ghz. Not the most powerful computer in the world, but it should be more than enough.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlayOn UPnP MediaServer for Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, and Amazon VOD playback in XBMC3