tvOS New Apple TV 4K w/A12 Chip & Redesigned Remote
I love Kodi, and yes I am not into using another app such as infuse. Even if I have to pay for developers account, I will. I tried it with the 7 day deal and was disappointed at the lack of HDR.

Keeping my fingers crossed the wizards here will eventually get it working on Appletv. We ta a very powerful and popular device.
(2021-06-10, 04:24)ozkhan1 Wrote: I love Kodi, and yes I am not into using another app such as infuse. Even if I have to pay for developers account, I will. I tried it with the 7 day deal and was disappointed at the lack of HDR.

Keeping my fingers crossed the wizards here will eventually get it working on Appletv. We ta a very powerful and popular device.

Have you tried MrMC?  It's a fork of Kodi, and has some add-ons like the PVR stuff.  it does HDR10 - though I think metadata is fixed by Apple.

I've been pretty happy with MrMC on my ATV 4K and now my ATV 4k v2.  I only really play locally stored media from my server (either DVD or BD rips, or self-mastered content, plus some broadcast stuff). The power of the CPU is incredible - it will software decode 40Mbs 1080i h.264 AND deinterlace it to 50fps.  None of my other ARM platforms can do that - and to be honest in x86 land it required a Haswell i5 to do that (and it only just coped)
Hi guys,

with MrMC i have now an issue. After a few minutes of watching the video playback begans to stuttering, it looks like some frame drops.
If i pause and play again the video plays normally but after a few minutes (like 10 or 15) the stuttering comes back. Stuttering is for 1 minute.
Another workaround is to skip 10 seconds back.
This problem causes on different videos.

A few months ago i have no problems with MrMC but meanwhile i changed a lot of things in my home setup:
- Upgrade vom old Apple TV 4K to newer version, so i have reinstall MrMC on this new device
- Upgrade my Synology NAS from DSM 6 to DSM 7.

Some ideas?

I configured MrMC to sync framerate on video start/stop.

Thank you guys!!
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
I think i found a solution, but i dont know why it helps:

I changed the Apple TV Display Settings from 4K DV 60Hz to 4K DV 50Hz.

Now i havent seen stuttering for many days.
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Apple TV 4K w/A12 Chip & Redesigned Remote0