v19 Doing plot search outside MyVideoNav.xml
Hello all,

When you do a search from MyVideoNav.xml (button 8), Kodi searches also plot content. Is there any way to do this search of plot content outside of myvideonav.xml? Any db path or library path or xsp path to do this type of search?

I am trying to replicate all of the functionality of the search button from MyVideoNav.xml in a custom dialog, but I am missing plot content search.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
did you tried the xsp method by using

code:
{"rules":{"or":[{"field":"plot","operator":"contains","value":["YOUR FILTER VALAUE, LABEL OR SKINSTRING"]}]},"type":"movies"}

for getting the results in a given window?

or did i misunderstood.
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
(2021-04-21, 00:26)mardukL Wrote: did you tried the xsp method by using

code:
{"rules":{"or":[{"field":"plot","operator":"contains","value":["YOUR FILTER VALAUE, LABEL OR SKINSTRING"]}]},"type":"movies"}

or did i misunderstood.

@mardukL, thanks! I have not tried that.  I will test, I didn't even think that I could use plot as a field  like that.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-04-21, 13:06)bsoriano Wrote:

code:

or did i misunderstood.

@mardukL, thanks! I have not tried that.  I will test, I didn't even think that I could use plot as a field  like that.

Regards,

Bart

i just take a look here...

https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists/R..._groupings
may that help. Wink
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
(2021-04-21, 18:49)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-04-21, 13:06)bsoriano Wrote:

code:

or did i misunderstood.

Regards,

Bart

i just take a look here...

https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists/R..._groupings
may that help. Wink
@mardukL , thank you! That certainly helps. 

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Doing plot search outside MyVideoNav.xml0