v18 rescan tags
(2021-05-08, 05:12)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-05-07, 20:30)weyb Wrote: this pop-up appears each time I go to the playlist menu :
[url=javascript:void(0)]Image[/url]
Yep, that is a message from Kodi core. What happens if you select Yes? Does the message just come back next time? Can you capture that rescan in a log thanks.

Hello,

yes it comes back even if I click on "YES"
to be sure to understand : do you ask me to set the log on, to answer yes and then to set the log off & send it to you ?
(2021-05-08, 10:27)weyb Wrote: to be sure to understand : do you ask me to set the log on, to answer yes and then to set the log off & send it to you ?
Set debug to on. Then do whatever it is that you do to get that question, answer Yes then let it scan the tags. Once that is all done, send the log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-05-08, 10:40)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-05-08, 10:27)weyb Wrote: to be sure to understand : do you ask me to set the log on, to answer yes and then to set the log off & send it to you ?
Set debug to on. Then do whatever it is that you do to get that question, answer Yes then let it scan the tags. Once that is all done, send the log.

Hi,

huh...
I've got bigger problems right now :
- my Syno NAS doesn't appear in the WORKGROUP anymore, so I can't access it from Kodi anymore, I can't add any source from my NAS, I always have "operation not permitted"
- when I logged, I just had many "I/O errors on disk 1" notifications (on screen) - but i don't see them in my HDD/SSD log :-(

so i have to resolve that 1st & i'll be back...

regards
Hi,

I'm back with a complete system - at last !...

so, here is my logfile as requested many months ago :
https://paste.kodi.tv/yuqagonami

regards
Again there is nothing in the log that I can see of any pop up asking to scan the library. Did it pop-up when you created that log? Can you provide a screenshot?

What I notice is lots of "Embry" entries, and I can't remember how that interacts with Kodi and music library, but it isn't a vanilla installation so will make investigating your issue harder as far as I'm concerned.
hi,
is there a log level i could modify ?
i'll put kodi in english & provide a screenshot - i just have to go to paste.kodi.tv to upload it ?
NOTA : i don't use Emby for my music library

regards

EDIT :
i added some infos in the log which is now http://paste.kodi.tv/umagosunoj
I don't see any problems in that log file. The log file shows it scanning as far as folder music/MaCollec/Amparanoia, at that point you turn off the debugging.

Do you allow it to complete a rescan of tags from all music files without interrupting it? It takes place in the background so that you can continue to use Kodi, however if you power off before it is completed then that would be a reason for it to prompt you to do a rescan next time you run Kodi.
My guess so far is that you are interrupting the scan by powering off before it finished hence Kodi keeps prompting you.

If you are letting the scanning run to completion, and it still prompts you to rescan next time, then please provide a debug log of it scanning until completion. This log file could be large and need breaking into pieces, and yes you need to enable debugging before you start.
(2021-09-03, 15:17)DaveBlake Wrote: I don't see any problems in that log file. The log file shows it scanning as far as folder music/MaCollec/Amparanoia, at that point you turn off the debugging.

Do you allow it to complete a rescan of tags from all music files without interrupting it? It takes place in the background so that you can continue to use Kodi, however if you power off before it is completed then that would be a reason for it to prompt you to do a rescan next time you run Kodi.
My guess so far is that you are interrupting the scan by powering off before it finished hence Kodi keeps prompting you.

If you are letting the scanning run to completion, and it still prompts you to rescan next time, then please provide a debug log of it scanning until completion. This log file could be large and need breaking into pieces, and yes you need to enable debugging before you start.
Hi,

ok i said yes so it's scanning right now
--> how do i know it's complete / finished please Huh
(2021-09-06, 10:56)weyb Wrote: --> how do i know it's complete / finished please Huh

Assuming you are using the default skin (Estuary) there will be a progress dialog indicator in the top right that shows the % completed.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-09-06, 11:21)black_eagle Wrote:
(2021-09-06, 10:56)weyb Wrote: --> how do i know it's complete / finished please Huh

Assuming you are using the default skin (Estuary) there will be a progress dialog indicator in the top right that shows the % completed.
Yes - but i wanted to be sure...
(2021-09-03, 15:17)DaveBlake Wrote: ...
This log file could be large and need breaking into pieces, and yes you need to enable debugging before you start.

hi,
can i use wetransfer.com and write the link here, so the file is in 1 piece, or not ?
if not, i have to split the file in pieces of which size ? and on which website can i put the differents parts please ?
This log file could be large and need breaking into pieces, and yes you need to enable debugging before you start.

hi,
how do i do to get the logfile from the TV Shield please ? In which directory is it stored ?
hi,
how do i do to get the logfile from the TV Shield please ? In which directory is it stored ?
I saw on https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file that i have to upload a FULL log, no ?
once i have split the log, where do i upload the different parts please Huh
hi,
--> ok i found https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#Steps
(I saw on https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file that i have to upload a FULL log, no Huh)

once i have split the log, where do i upload the different parts please Huh
Hi again,

I looked into :
  1. /data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/temp/kodi.log
  2. /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log
  3. /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log
but didn't see any kodi.log Sad

I had stopped the logging in kodi settings before trying to find it : should i let it ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
rescan tags0