Refresh all items in Video Library?
Quick Question (sorry if answered, a quick search turned up nothing):

I use an external media manager (TinyMediaManager) and have video library set to use local NFO only.    

Is there a good way (from kodi) to refresh / rescan the media folders that updates items ALREADY in the library with new info in the NFO or newly added artwork?  (I'm ok with running texturecache.py as a subsequent step).  Alternatively, it there a command I can run to empty the database of all entries that would be repopulated on a library clean / update?

I didn't see anything in the API (did I miss something?):   https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v10#...freshMovie

Is there a 'safe' set of SQL commands I can run via ssh to clear the DB without resetting the scraper on the defined paths?  UGLY solution

As a last resort, I'm considering setting up a symlink to my media (to be used by kodi) which I can delete, clean DB, recreate symlink, rescan... but that seems like a little too much duct tape and bubblegum... Also UglySmile

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
(2021-04-26, 02:53)wallacebw Wrote: that updates items ALREADY in the library with new info in the NFO or newly added artwork? 

Nope, not really. What sort of 'new info' are you hoping for when updating items?
Mostly new artwork, IMDB ratings, watched status, resume point etc.      I get some of this with trakt, but occasionally have to manually 'refresh' things.

It may be a fringe case that is not worth programming, but it would be great to offer an option to rescan an item if the NFO file is newer than the date of the item import during library update.   

Thanks.
(2021-04-26, 19:33)wallacebw Wrote: rescan an item if the NFO file is newer than the date of the item import during library update.   
Import / scan date is not tracked.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh all items in Video Library?0