vfs,rar RAR archive support: Not enough mem available to decompress file (libr scan)
Hi,

I have Kodi 19 installed and am using the VFS RAR - v4.0 now. When I scan my library, which contains RAR-files, I got a message pop-up in the bottom
right saying "RAR archive support: Not enough memory available to decompress file".

Now, as far as I can see it still scans the files properly, and they show up in my Library. But, the message is annoying me greatly.
I run Kodi on Windows 10, and the system has 16 GB memory.

In kodi.log I do see this message: 2021-04-26 16:50:09.266 T:7816    ERROR <general>: AddOnLog: vfs.rar: CRarFile::Open: Open failed to cache file 
many times over. So this might be linked to the message. But I have no idea what cache file it might be talking about.

In kodi.log I also see this: special://temp/ is mapped to: C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache
And that directory does exist and is filled with random files, and also a subdir archive_cache.

No idea if the 2 are related or not.

I was running Kodi 18 before, and I had big issues with "RAR archive support"  (vfs.rar) >2.0.8. At one point version 2.20 got released I think, and basically it
broke the scanning of RAR-files for me. I manually put back 2.0.8 and kept it at that version, and it worked fine. 

I also tried libarchive - but that increases my library scan from 15s to about 2-3 minutes. Also, with libarchive I can't play movies that are in rar-files,
I seem to need "RAR archive support" (vfs.rar) for that.

I had hoped that in Kodi 19 VFS.rar would have been fixed - but not totally yet it seems.

Anybody has any idea about my error messages and possible solution?
Found similar issues described here: https://github.com/xbmc/vfs.rar/issues/102
(2021-04-26, 17:06)Seven_PRX Wrote: Anybody has any idea about my error messages and possible solution?

Did you find a solution to this issue ?
(2021-05-11, 12:51)ThatSlimGuy Wrote:
(2021-04-26, 17:06)Seven_PRX Wrote: Anybody has any idea about my error messages and possible solution?

Did you find a solution to this issue ?
Hi,

No unfortunately. Not here on the forums or on GitHub.
Try to disable extract info from video setting..
https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...from_files
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi,

I tried turning both options off, but unfortunately no change.
(2021-05-16, 22:46)Jönke Wrote: Try to disable extract info from video setting..

That works for me but, when scanning for media it wont show you any audio/video information about the movies you scan.
So atm thats not a good solution either.
(2021-05-17, 20:19)Seven_PRX Wrote: Hi,

Same here
(2021-07-05, 10:34)tisimpson87 Wrote:
(2021-05-17, 20:19)Seven_PRX Wrote: Hi,

Same here
Please stop updating this plugin. Give us 2.3.0 that worked, leave it alone. Version 4.0 is giving me the same problem, and when I pick an archive folder it say there aren't any video files in that path which is 100% false. I extract it and it works.

It wasn't broke, please let us revert.
I tried Kodi 20b1, it has an updated addon for this. But, the same exact issue is still there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
vfs,rar RAR archive support: Not enough mem available to decompress file (libr scan)0