Video playback freezing after upgrading to v19.0 Matrix
so i was using 18.8 Leia for quite a while, and everything was working just fine.  i had downloaded 18.9 Leia a while back, but never got around to installing it.  then the other day, i finally upgraded to 18.9...then i figured while i was in the process of updating, i'd check to make sure i'm on the latest version, and lo & behold, there was 19.0 Matrix available, so i downloaded & installed that as well.

after doing that, while i am watching video playback, i continually get the video playback freezing on me.  it happens at what appears to be random times, and once it happens, i cannot get it to start playing again until after i end task on kodi, relaunch it, and restart the video playback.  playback will not respond to any input from my phone with the kore app on it, nor via mouse/keyboard input.  i can see the mouse moving on the screen, and i can see the pause, stop, etc. functions on-screen, but the video will not respond to them.  however, if i press the "stop" button on-screen, then kodi completely stops responding to any input whatsoever, including the mouse cursor...it just freezes hard; the screen will continue displaying the frame that it was on when the freeze occurred until i kill kodi and restart it.

this happens on every video i try to watch, without fail.  the freezing sometimes occurs within 5 - 6 minutes, and at other times it goes for 15 mins or so before it freezes...but one way or another, it will freeze at some point.  it even freezes up on me if i pause playback while watching a video and just let it sit there for 10 - 20 mins.  i had first noticed this when i was watching some youtube videos i had downloaded, but i just tried watching a movie that i ripped & encoded myself from my own bluray disc, and while it took a lot longer (~45mins or so), it still did the same thing.  the movie froze twice during its ~2hr playtime.  i have never had any problems like this with any of my video content prior to upgrading to 19.0 Matrix, and the PC that this is running on has been in service for about 6 years now, and the only problem i've had with it was a failed power supply, which was replaced last november.

at first i thought it only happened after i had done anything to interrupt normal playback, like rewinding, pausing, or skipping forward, etc.  i did make it through one video without the problem occurring after i had just pressed play and let it go all the way through without doing anything at all...but that was the one and only exception...every video since that has frozen on me.  i can only guess that the one video that didn't freeze was just too short in duration for the error to occur, but i don't recall at this point which exact file it was that worked without freezing.

i have already tried disabling hardware acceleration, but that has no effect.  i have not installed any additional addons; the only ones that are installed (as far as i can tell) are the ones that are enabled by default, like The Movie Database, IMDB Scraper Library, etc.  all my content is stored on a NAS system on my local network.

can someone please take a look and see what might be happening here?  this is extremely frustrating, and i don't want to have to uninstall and downgrade back to an older version just so i can watch my videos/movies without interruption again.

here is my log file:
https://paste.kodi.tv/uqozaqocic.kodi
anyone?  this problem is driving me crazy, having to kill/restart Kodi at least once or twice for every video/movie i watch.  i would have already uninstalled and reverted to the previous version i was on if i didn't want to lose track of all my watched vs. unwatched titles.
got tired of waiting...ended up going back to 18.8

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback freezing after upgrading to v19.0 Matrix0