Official Kodi remote app on iOS error message when accessing folders
Hi all
First time poster so I hope this is the right place etc

Just found the Kodi remote app on the I store. It looks awesome!!

Small issue, I have most of my movies separated by folders and I have 1 folder specifically that has all the new stuff. When I try to access it, or any of the other folders, I get this error message

XBMC JSON-RPC Error: Invalid params.
(Code: -32602)
Data: (null)

METHOD
Files.GetDirectory

PARAMETERS
{directory="G:\\TORRENTS\\";media=video;sort={ignorearticle=0;method=label;order=ascending;};}

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dave
(2021-04-27, 13:37)Davep123456789 Wrote: Just found the Kodi remote app on the I store. It looks awesome!!

Small issue, I have most of my movies separated by folders and I have 1 folder specifically that has all the new stuff. When I try to access it, or any of the other folders, I get this error message

Any ideas?
Thanks for feedback, Dave. I quickly checked this and get a similar error when requesting the content for non-existing folder or requesting content for folder without having the required access rights. Would be good to double check this.
(2021-04-27, 22:17)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-04-27, 13:37)Davep123456789 Wrote: Just found the Kodi remote app on the I store. It looks awesome!!

Any ideas?
Thanks for feedback, Dave. I quickly checked this and get a similar error when requesting the content for non-existing folder or requesting content for folder without having the required access rights. Would be good to double check this.
Thank you so much for the fast reply Buschel - I will check when I get home.

This is an AWESOME app - my MCE IR receiver just broke and was wondering how to control Kodi and then found this. 

Do you happen to be / know one of the developers. If so one feature I (and I think others) would love is the ability to have a one touch favourite button on the homepage/front page to bring us to a specific folder eg movies for the kids etc

Thanks
D
(2021-04-28, 00:24)Davep123456789 Wrote: This is an AWESOME app - my MCE IR receiver just broke and was wondering how to control Kodi and then found this. 
A bit more comfortable and feature loaded like an IR remote, I guess. Wink
(2021-04-28, 00:24)Davep123456789 Wrote: Do you happen to be / know one of the developers. If so one feature I (and I think others) would love is the ability to have a one touch favourite button on the homepage/front page to bring us to a specific folder eg movies for the kids etc
I just need to look in the mirror. Smile
I already saw your thread with the feature request. If you would describe in more detail what you are looking for I can create an issue in Github and let also others add ideas. Then we can see if, how and when such feature could be implemented.
Haha

Yes is there a way to have a button to bring you directly to a folder on the home page either under where it says live tv and remote control on the left hand bar , or anywhere else. It would be great if we could have multiple buttons eg button 1 brings you to your new movies folder eg c:\movie\new and button 2 brings you to another folder ge c:\movie\kids etc so that with 1 click you could get to the movie folder you want via a file explorer structure Let the user set the folder themselves, possibly on Kodi first and then mirrored on the app or maybe have a direct link to via the app

Also as an FYI the colour used for the app logo is the same colour that apple makes app logos when it updates them ie grey, just a FYI

Love the app
Thanks
D

(2021-04-28, 07:37)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-04-28, 00:24)Davep123456789 Wrote: This is an AWESOME app - my MCE IR receiver just broke and was wondering how to control Kodi and then found this. 
A bit more comfortable and feature loaded like an IR remote, I guess. Wink
(2021-04-28, 00:24)Davep123456789 Wrote: Do you happen to be / know one of the developers. If so one feature I (and I think others) would love is the ability to have a one touch favourite button on the homepage/front page to bring us to a specific folder eg movies for the kids etc
I just need to look in the mirror. Smile
I already saw your thread with the feature request. If you would describe in more detail what you are looking for I can create an issue in Github and let also others add ideas. Then we can see if, how and when such feature could be implemented.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Official Kodi remote app on iOS error message when accessing folders0