I Am Really Confused About The State of "Games" in Kodi
(2021-04-28, 21:20)zachmorris Wrote:
(2021-04-27, 22:35)matthuisman Wrote: it still plays games....
Library just means "scanned in".

It seems like you haven't even investigated or attempted it.
Put a rom in a folder and try clicking it for example.
Or reading that wiki on how-to get started.

You asked about Retroplayer
Retroplayer was added in Kodi 18
It plays retro games and roms and allows controllers.

Not sure what your expecting....

To be fair, games doesn't behave like the rest of Kodi currently. The user really can only interact with games via an addon or the file manager, which is not in Kodi's normal media browsing workflow. As a user, I think the default is to expect games to behave like videos or music does within Kodi, which it does not.

The current state as I understand it:
  • v18 and v19 can play games, via the file browser or using an addon. The getting started here covers the basics.
  • Development is ongoing, and is headed (solely?) by developer garbear (his development branch on github is a good place to browse and see whats being worked on) - I think this is likely the main issue in that development in Games and more specifically any game library functionality doesn't have a large number of developers.
  • There is some discussion of it in the development portion of the forum here. If you're reading this, and your a C developer (sadly, I am not) and interested, I highly recommend getting in touch with the Kodi team.
Thank you this was the point I was trying to get at.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Am Really Confused About The State of "Games" in Kodi - by dickalan - 2021-05-07, 03:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I Am Really Confused About The State of "Games" in Kodi0