• 2(current)
Release Kodi Matrix UWP Xbox v19.1 Preview
(2021-04-29, 22:06)thebeginning Wrote: Is there a full list of what needs to be tested apart from 4K? I have an Xbox One S and wanna help bringing Matrix to it.

There won't be a full test plan as such. Just major playback functionality as mentioned above.
Though I see that OP is looking over the next few days to fix further a few issues with the UWP version including Internet connectivity.
I dont use it for local playback so im a bit stuck helping with test im afraid.
Here is a new build to try:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windows/uwp64/

Kodi-20210430-c504b593-fix-4K-HEVC-Xbox-x64.msix

The difference with the first post is that includes all the addons in the installer (also vfs.smb2).

Tomorrow I hope to have another build that solves the internet connectivity problems and the installation/update of add-ons from repository.
Can someone help me out with this?  I have my MS Xbox Developer Account at partner.microsoft.com. I downloaded the Developer Mode Activation app on my Xbox.  I signed into the Partner portal on Xbox, got the activation code for developer mode, and entered into the Xbox when asked.  Now the Xbox says "Almost complete. Your Xbox needs an update to complete activation. Reopen this app after the update to continue."   The problem is that there is no update and I can't get past that point.  It's been days, and no update has occurred in the background, and the Settings/System/Update page says I'm up to date with no updates available.

The Xbox's ID is showing up in the Partner Portal under Account/Dev Devices/Xbox One development consoles.

That site is so miserable that I can't even figure out how to submit a ticket to get Microsoft's help on this.

Anyone here have a clue by any chance?  Thanks!
v19.1-Preview2 Xbox
Updated at 01-05-2021 (forked from Kodi Matrix v19.0).

Includes fix for 4K HEVC playback (expandedResources Capability).
Fixes internet connectivity problems with addons repository (workaround).
Includes binary addons in the installer.

https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/releases

To use SMB shared folders is need enable vfs.smb2 add-on from "My addons"   (is included in the installer)
Hi,

Currently testing your latest version (0ee3806) on my Xbox Series X.
Im currently playing a 4k HDR video (vp9 codec) that caused "Out Of Memory error" with Kodi v18 Xbox Store version.
Bug: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/19044

It's working fine here with your fix (no crash, no lag) Smile

I continue my tests.
Thx
Hi,

Here are some tests results with this version (0ee3806).

Test #1 : 4K HDR10 VP9 20gig video file
Current KODI UWP Xbox Store v18 result : Crash when trying to play the video
Your KODI UWP Xbox v19 (0ee3806) result : Playing 100% fine (play, pause, resume, ffw, rew, sound is fine and sync) BUT the hdr colors are not displayed correctly. Great colors displayed with this Xbox version even if not perfect as hdr ones.
Note : The same video crash with VLC for Xbox after about 10 seconds of playing

Test #2 : 4K HEVC x265 40gig video file
Current KODI UWP Xbox Store v18 result : Playing 100% fine and great colors (play, pause, resume, ffw, rew, sound is fine and sync)
Your KODI UWP Xbox v19 (0ee3806) result : Playing 100% fine and great colors (play, pause, resume, ffw, rew, sound is fine and sync)

Test #3 : 4K HEVC x265 HDR10 4gig video file
Your KODI UWP Xbox v19 (0ee3806) result : Playing 100% fine (play, pause, resume, ffw, rew, sound is fine and sync) BUT the hdr colors are not displayed correctly. Pale colors displayed with this Xbox version.
HDR note 1 : HDR work using Kodi UWP on my PC for the same video.
HDR note 2 : HDR colors displayed correctly for the same video using VLC on Xbox. But my TV do not detect the HDR info playing this video with VLC. Perhaps a special vlc software decoding.

Test #4 : 4K HEVC x265 14gig video file
Your KODI UWP Xbox v19 (0ee3806) result : Playing 100% fine and great colors (play, pause, resume, ffw, rew, sound is fine and sync)

Test #5 : DLNA share play
Current KODI UWP Xbox Store v18 result : Working fine
Your KODI UWP Xbox v19 (0ee3806) result : Working fine

Test #6 : SMB share play

Test #7 : nfo/fanart/poster support

Test #8 : keyboard support

General note 1 : Version check error on Kodi startup with this beta version (not an error stopper, like a warning for the user)
General note 2 : Not sure if HDR content was previously supported by Kodi on Xbox.

Good job! Smile
Thank you very much for all the information. I really appreciate it.   Nod

Bearing in mind that v18 does not support HDR passthrough it is definitely a step forward.

Certainly there is no issue that is blocking to continue the process of releasing v19.1 for everyone (although the publication in Store can take time and I can't do much either).
(2021-05-01, 15:20)Chicopower Wrote: BUT the hdr colors are not displayed correctly.
I take it you meant that HDR just isn't being activated and they're output in SDR which is the case from my tests.
(2021-05-01, 16:38)Hitcher Wrote:
(2021-05-01, 15:20)Chicopower Wrote: BUT the hdr colors are not displayed correctly.
I take it you meant that HDR just isn't being activated and they're output in SDR which is the case from my tests.
Yes, correct.

For me, this new Xbox version of Kodi is for sure better than the current one in Microsoft Store Smile
Well with my sample size of one, a 17 gb 4K HEVC video with 10 bit colour, I can confirm that video playback is crisp and error-free but the HDR colours are not being engaged. Cannot give detailed report on audio performance because I'm running it through my monitor headphone jack which is by itself awful.
Quote:Note Auto HDR is supported by Xbox Series X|S consoles only. You need to have a TV that supports HDR10, and you need to enable the Allow HDR10 feature in settings before you can turn Auto HDR on. Not all games support Auto HDR.

Auto HDR is a feature that allows some games to have an even richer, more defined resolution than they were originally designed for. To see if your game supports Auto HDR, first make sure the feature is turned on: press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then select Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Auto HDR.

Note You can enable or disable Auto HDR per title by going to the Home screen and selecting My games & apps, and then selecting a title. Then select Menu > Manage game and add-ons > Auto HDR.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hard...v-settings

Reading this it seems that HDR has to be enabled separately for each application/game in Xbox settings

And also enable for all from Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Auto HDR

Without this two setting apps not have privileges to able turn HDR on/off
No, that's only for SDR games to be output in HDR.
And is there any way to force/switch HDR = ON from the video settings? (same as Windows 10 desktop)

Edit: as fallback option can be disabled in Kodi GUI Settings > Player > Use HDR display Capabilities

and should be able to use Hable, ACES tone mapping at least
Not sure if this can help.

Found this UWP setting from Microsoft documentation related to HDR
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uwp/api...inrt-19041

Can be set using this method
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uwp/api...HdrOption_

See this related Kodi code used by the Xbox version (UWP).
https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/blob/Matr...0.cpp#L338
I need two things:

1) From Kodi GUI know if by pressing with the keyboard 'F11', if the TV turns HDR on/off and the toast notification appears on Kodi or not.

2) Full debug log while playing 4K HEVC HDR video.

EDIT:
3) With Kodi GUI Settings > Player > Use HDR display capabilities = OFF  ----> Tone mapping methods Hable, ACES are working?       (use key Alt+F11  to switch tone map method)

4) Screenshot of  Debug Info OSD video   ----> Key Alt+O  for info    and Key Ctrl+S  for take screenshot

I think there is an addon to be able to obtain the logs in UWP
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix UWP Xbox v19.1 Preview0