• 6(current)
Release Kodi Matrix UWP Xbox v19.1 Preview
Don't you have to pay for it each year? I did buy it myself a while ago.

Would love to see 19.2 on Series X, 4k crashes needs fixing ASAP please. When is 19.2 due in general?
(2021-07-11, 10:48)tutu Wrote: Don't you have to pay for it each year? I did buy it myself a while ago.

No, it's a one-off payment.
(2021-07-11, 10:48)tutu Wrote: When is 19.2 due in general?

This year. Wink
(2021-07-09, 20:42)nullable Wrote: Long time lurker, first time poster here. Thanks team for the hard work. I can not wait to try.

I hope in near future with the HDR and audio passthrough support Xbox will become one of the best devices to use Kodi.
I don't mind that much about HDR but there is no audio passthrough either with the 19.2 RC?
(2021-07-21, 10:35)polys Wrote:
(2021-07-09, 20:42)nullable Wrote: Long time lurker, first time poster here. Thanks team for the hard work. I can not wait to try.

I hope in near future with the HDR and audio passthrough support Xbox will become one of the best devices to use Kodi.
I don't mind that much about HDR but there is no audio passthrough either with the 19.2 RC?
Yeah given that Microsoft now support passthrough on all apps and games, I cant see why pass-through isn't an option.  And HDR should be a no-brainer as well.

Its ironic that KODI, formally XBMC (X being Xbox) seems to be the least supported piece of hardware at this point.
(2021-08-01, 17:03)originalbadboy Wrote: Yeah given that Microsoft now support passthrough on all apps and games, I cant see why pass-through isn't an option.

Because no-one knows how when there's no available documents on it.
(2021-08-01, 17:03)originalbadboy Wrote: And HDR should be a no-brainer as well.

Patches welcome.
Am I able to update to the 19.2 RC version without losing my initial 19 setup?
I side loaded last nights Kodi Matrix build and it works perfectly (with out HDR obviously) but when I switch off dev mode, restart and untick delete apps, etc.. Kodi is no where to be seen in the xbox menus. Any idea what I am doing wrong please?
Dev apps only work in dev mode.
(2021-08-02, 01:17)Hitcher Wrote:
(2021-08-01, 17:03)originalbadboy Wrote: Yeah given that Microsoft now support passthrough on all apps and games, I cant see why pass-through isn't an option.

Because no-one knows how when there's no available documents on it.
(2021-08-01, 17:03)originalbadboy Wrote: And HDR should be a no-brainer as well.

Patches welcome.

So how did games developers and other apps manage it then?

Maybe try asking Microsoft, I don't mean to sound off but seriously? That's the response?
(2021-08-07, 19:09)originalbadboy Wrote: So how did games developers and other apps manage it then?

Isn't that obvious? They have direct contact with Microsoft.
4k on series s is working
Heart 
Quote:https://www.howtogeek.com/703443/how-to-...loper-mode

Sorry, but that page, dated December 2020, states;

Quote:Developer Mode Limitations

Developer Mode does have some limitations you need to know about, …

On an Xbox One or Series X or S console, UWP apps can only access files that are 2GB or smaller. This might be an issue if an app you’re trying to use attempts to access a large ROM or video file. This limitation is unique to developer mode.

Dev Home on Xbox Series X

There are hardware constraints, too, in terms of which system resources UWP apps can access. The maximum allotted memory for apps is 1GB, while games get 5GB. Apps can share 2-4 CPU cores and have up to 45% of the GPU. Games can use 4 exclusive and 2 shared CPU cores, but have full access to the GPU.

… While apps are limited to DirectX 11, games get full DirectX 12 features.

Sorry, but this seems like side-loaded apps are not respected very much. Does any of this info matter to the ‘developer mode Xbox Kodi 19’ app? Tyvm.
Any updates on this please? Crashes are very frustrating
(2021-09-04, 19:18)tutu Wrote: Any updates on this please? Crashes are very frustrating

Yes would be great addition to my Xbox to have Kodi 19. Version 18 is useless and keeps crashing after a couple of minutes.. probably due to limited RAM storage of 1 GB but not sure and hope v19 will work.
Quick question. With current 18.9v on Series X the Kodi app shut down properly due to lack of memory. I see in Kodi info memory usage at 80% without playing anything and using Emby addon. CPU at 5% usage.

Will v19 tackle the low available memory? I read somewhere this is resticted by Microsoft for apps.. just wondering if this will fix my issue as the current app is useless for me.

Cheers
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix UWP Xbox v19.1 Preview0