Best hardware device for Kodi?
Hi Guys,
Currently I have an HTPC running Kodi with 7.1 audio. The HTPC is built on Windows 10, an i3 and SSD and runs Kodi fantastically. The issue I have with it is that netflix and hulu integration absolutely sucks. I have to manually load it in the windows UI and use a keyboard instead of a remote. The biggest issue I have is that I really like high powered skins and I enjoy the really smooth playback I get along with 7.1 audio.
I have a firetv in a bedroom but the skin I like the most (currently MQ5) lags like crazy with it. I have it setup now so that I can launch the hulu apps and netflix apps from within Kodi and then it closes back to Kodi and thats how I would like to have my main HTPC box act.
Is there a really good android box I can purchase that has good Netflix/Hulu/Kodi support and that can properly run a heavy duty skin? I almost wish I could just install Android on my i3 PC and load it up that way!
Sounds like your best bet is the Shield especially if you're after TrueHD Atmos passthrough.
I own a 2019 Shield pro myself (and a 2017 before that), and i'm extremely pleased with the device. It's honestly not cheap, but i can throw any file at it, and it will read flawlessly, up to the 80 GO remuxes files with Dolby Vision, Atmos... I decided to spend the money after buying several cheap chinese Android boxes which all had their problems, never regreted it.

I don't know about the Hulu app, but Netflix and Kodi works perfectly. If you're interested in Dolby Vision, use the Kodi special release that can be found in the Android sub-section. Do not buy the tube version, it has one less Go of RAM, and it can affect performance, specially when reading large files or using heavy skins. Also after one year of use, i still find the 1080p to 4K IA upscaling function mind-blowing.
(2021-04-28, 15:40)ByronViggo Wrote: Hi Guys,
Currently I have an HTPC running Kodi with 7.1 audio. The HTPC is built on Windows 10, an i3 and SSD and runs Kodi fantastically. The issue I have with it is that netflix and hulu integration absolutely sucks. I have to manually load it in the windows UI and use a keyboard instead of a remote. The biggest issue I have is that I really like high powered skins and I enjoy the really smooth playback I get along with 7.1 audio.
I have a firetv in a bedroom but the skin I like the most (c nur rently MQ5) lags like crazy with it. I have it setup now so that I can launch the hulu apps and netflix apps from within Kodi and then it closes back to Kodi and thats how I would like to have my main HTPC box act.
Is there a really good android box I can purchase that has good Netflix/Hulu/Kodi support and that can properly run a heavy duty skin? I almost wish I could just install Android on my i3 PC and load it up that way!

issue got solved!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best hardware device for Kodi?0