v19 Playback issues on either Live TV PVR via TVHeadend or directly playback of TS file
Hello there,

I have a strange issue with my latest Kodi Matrix and TVHeadend 4.2.8 setup while using hardware accelerated decoding. I get corrupted video playback for some of the DVB-T channels with the H264 video codec. Strangely enough it happens only on two muxes in my region on channel 27 (522MHz) and on channel 59 (778MHz). Furthermore the problem persists also with recorded file of the two affected muxes.

So I do not think that it is a problem with poor signal quality. For example all other muxes work without issues, even the muxes with the new DVB-T2 standard and HEVC codec that are being tested recently from our broadcasters. Also I made sure that TVHeadend had no error logs about streaming channels when a Kodi client connects to the server.

As soon as I disable the hardware video acceleration in the Kodi settings I can then playback all the channels and recordings without any issue. Therefore I think it has to do something how Kodi's internal FFMPEG handles the decoding. But I am at a loss what could it be.

First on Windows with the Kodi UWP Application:
When I let in Settings -> Player -> Video: DXVA2 acceleration enabled in all cases I get a crash within 2-3 seconds of playback of the affected TV channel.
Here the TS file recording taken directly from the TVHeadend server of one of the affected TV channels: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W4dtNVM...sp=sharing
And here the log file when I open the TS file till Kodi crashes: onadefomeh.kodi (paste)
With DXVA2 disabled and therefore software decoding I have no issue with the playback.

Second on Manjaro Linux using Kodi with Wayland:
With Settings -> Player -> Video: VAAPI enabled at least I get no crash but the playback is like a slideshow with a new frame every 2-3 seconds. Also during playback I get the buffering indicator such as it would load from a slow connection. Actually this Kodi instance is on the same machine as the TVHeadend server with the receiving TV tuner card that serves also to the Windows machine.
With the same TS file as above streamed form the TVHeadend server I get following log: efibarerim.kodi (paste)
Also on this machine I get no playback issues as soon I disable VAAPI video acceleration.

Has somebody an idea what is going on? At least I do not think that I misconfigured something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback issues on either Live TV PVR via TVHeadend or directly playback of TS file0