Fix ITV add-on for official Kodi Repository
(2021-05-02, 22:54)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2021-05-02, 22:32)Dumyat Wrote:
(2021-05-02, 20:12)FXB78 Wrote: I recall who the original author was & that it was in some dubious repos hence never becoming an official addon, however I don't ever remember there being any sort of takedown notice. The addon was working in Leia as recently as a couple of months ago, I think I read this week that it had broken but when I was using Kodi 18 the addon was still working well, certainly the catchup element. It would be great to see it revived for Matrix!
Ahh, maybe it was the LiveTV parts of the original addon ITV had an issue with, but it's not out of the realms of possibility that I'm not remembering correctly at all, particularly as it was several years ago now. Just rang a bell in my my head that they piped up and complained about it at the time.
I wasn't even aware that the addon still existed, let alone it was still working up to last week for catch-up.
Do you still have the adverts for catch-up programmes when using the Kodi addon? That's the main reason I don't really use either the official ITVHub or STV Player on the shield. Yup, a Matrix revival would be very welcomed!  Smile
You have no adverts which is one of the reasons I like it but there are others. The ITV Hub on a Smart TV or in an Android app has awful resolution, not great when viewing on a big TV. The website has a better resolution, although still not HD, but much more acceptable. The Kodi add-on uses the website streams so you're getting the better quality without faffing around in a web browser. Another thing I like is you can use Kodi's ability to customise the subtitles, colour and size, something important for me.
Thinking more about this a bit more it's quite possible that ITV may have complained as they provide the service funded by advertising. They now actually charge £3.99pm for the service without advertising so someone providing it free would be frowned upon. All this makes me wonder if this add-on would be accepted as an official Kodi add-on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fix ITV add-on for official Kodi Repository - by chrissxuk - 2021-05-03, 13:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fix ITV add-on for official Kodi Repository0