v19 How to Force using Channel Numbers from Tvheadend when also using IPTV?
I've been using Tvheadend for a while now.  
I just added the Locast and PlutoTv plugins along with IPTV manager.  
The local OTA channels used to have recognizable channel numbers from Tvheadend but now they are randomly assigned along with the IPTV channels in the EPG.  
Is there a way to force using the OTA channel numbers from Tvheadend for the local OTA channels?  
And similarly, force the Locast channel numbers?  

If not, what is the best work around to be able to differentiate PlutoTV, Locast, and OTA channels?  

Thanks
2019 Shield TV Pro with Tvheadend Client (Kodi) | Ugoos X3 Cube with CoreELEC as a Tvheadend server
Samsung UN65JS8500 TV | Onkyo TX-NR646 Receiver | HD Homerun Quatro Tuner
See what happens when the setting below is enabled

Settings>PVR & Live TV>General  - Use channel numbers from backend - Enable

Cheers,
LongMan
(2021-05-03, 20:24)LongMan Wrote: See what happens when the setting below is enabled

Settings>PVR & Live TV>General  - Use channel numbers from backend - Enable

Cheers,
LongMan
I don't have an option for that.  
I trued "Use channel order from backend(s)" but that didn't work.  
I'm running Kodi Matrix if that matters.
2019 Shield TV Pro with Tvheadend Client (Kodi) | Ugoos X3 Cube with CoreELEC as a Tvheadend server
For some strange reason this is considered an advanced setting.

Martin
(2021-05-03, 21:43)emveepee Wrote: For some strange reason this is considered an advanced setting.

Martin

Actually, I was in Advanced settings but I changed it to Expert and it showed up.  Now all my OTA channels show up with the correct numbers.  
Thanks!

Any hints on how to organize IPTV channels by provider (i.e., Pluto, Locast, etc.)?  I know I can make groups but that's a lot of channels to sort through.
Sorry I use NextPVR which has server-side Locast and Pluto support in addition to tuner support, so the Locast and Pluto sub categories are already defined going into Kodi.

Martin
(2021-05-03, 22:01)RKCRLR Wrote: Any hints on how to organize IPTV channels by provider (i.e., Pluto, Locast, etc.)?  I know I can make groups but that's a lot of channels to sort through.

In Tvheadend if you go to Configuration | Channel/EPG | Channels, you should see a column next to the channel name called "Number", and by double clicking on the number you can change it to anything you like (after doing so be sure to click on any other field before using the Save button, Tvheadend is kind of weird about that).

You can also highlight a group of channels and then click the "Number Operations" button for additional options.  But don't forget to click the Save button before leaving the page, otherwise all your changes will be lost.

So basically what I do is group channels in groups of 100, so all the local channels are in the 0-99 range, all the satellite channels are in the 100-299 range, etc.  Then I include the actual channel number in the channel name.  For example if I were in New York I might have channel 7 named as "ABC 7 New York WABC".  This puts the information in what for me is the most useful to least useful order.  I first want to know what the network is, that's the most important thing.  Then I want to know the local channel number, on case I want to watch channel 7's news.  Then I want to know what city the station is coming from. that's just a personal preference.  And finally I want to know the station call letters, but for me personally that's the least useful piece of information.  But anyway the point is that the actual channel number in the name, so it doesn't matter as much what channel number I give it in Tvheadend, in fact I could turn off the display of channel numbers entirely (in skins where that's possible) and I would still have all the info.  So that allows me to use the channel numbers in Tvheadend to put the channels in the order I want them to be in.
(2021-05-04, 00:04)oldtvwatcher Wrote:
(2021-05-03, 22:01)RKCRLR Wrote: Any hints on how to organize IPTV channels by provider (i.e., Pluto, Locast, etc.)?  I know I can make groups but that's a lot of channels to sort through.

In Tvheadend if you go to Configuration | Channel/EPG | Channels, you should see a column next to the channel name called "Number", and by double clicking on the number you can change it to anything you like (after doing so be sure to click on any other field before using the Save button, Tvheadend is kind of weird about that).

You can also highlight a group of channels and then click the "Number Operations" button for additional options.  But don't forget to click the Save button before leaving the page, otherwise all your changes will be lost.

So basically what I do is group channels in groups of 100, so all the local channels are in the 0-99 range, all the satellite channels are in the 100-299 range, etc.  Then I include the actual channel number in the channel name.  For example if I were in New York I might have channel 7 named as "ABC 7 New York WABC".  This puts the information in what for me is the most useful to least useful order.  I first want to know what the network is, that's the most important thing.  Then I want to know the local channel number, on case I want to watch channel 7's news.  Then I want to know what city the station is coming from. that's just a personal preference.  And finally I want to know the station call letters, but for me personally that's the least useful piece of information.  But anyway the point is that the actual channel number in the name, so it doesn't matter as much what channel number I give it in Tvheadend, in fact I could turn off the display of channel numbers entirely (in skins where that's possible) and I would still have all the info.  So that allows me to use the channel numbers in Tvheadend to put the channels in the order I want them to be in.

I got the OTA channels sorted out.  I'm trying to figure out how to manage the IPTV channels which aren't in Tvheadend.  I've got like 1000 channels now with Locast and PlutoTV comingled.  
But thanks for responding.
(2021-05-03, 18:57)RKCRLR Wrote: I've been using Tvheadend for a while now.  
I just added the Locast and PlutoTv plugins along with IPTV manager.  
The local OTA channels used to have recognizable channel numbers from Tvheadend but now they are randomly assigned along with the IPTV channels in the EPG.  
Is there a way to force using the OTA channel numbers from Tvheadend for the local OTA channels?  
And similarly, force the Locast channel numbers?  

If not, what is the best work around to be able to differentiate PlutoTV, Locast, and OTA channels?  

Thanks

I just saw this post and thought I would possibly help.  Locast is no more, but PlutoTV is still working.  I have been developing an app that fits between the providers and clients using a plugin schema.  It allows the manipulation of channel data and EPG data so you get what you want without a ton of little changes. It also cleans up the stream when necessary. The main integration is with TVHeadend, but also known to work with most media servers like Emby, Plex and Jelly Fin.  I also added a new plugin for Xumo and plan to add more.

It comes with a channel editor that allows for disabling channels and modifying channel numbers in mass.  (Such as adding 1000 to all channel numbers from a specific plugin, or adding a P on the end of the channel number.)  TVH version 4.3 also auto populates the channel number for you in the number column.  It also updates the service name in the data stream that TVH needs to ID the service; thereby, map the service to the EPG correctly. If you are interested, check out
https://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/43052

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Force using Channel Numbers from Tvheadend when also using IPTV?0