Android Kingston USB doesn't work in my Sony tv 55X755F
Hi,
My Sony smart tv 55X755F doesn't like a Kingston USB Data Traveler 2 DTSE9 64GB that works perfectly in any computer.  I have tried formatting in exFAT and NTFS (both recommended by Sony) but it doesn't work correctly. According with the manual this TV accepts FAT16, FAT32, exFAT and NTFS. However if I use any other older USB memory it works as expected.

Any idea what could be wrong?
(2021-05-04, 02:31)akoppa Wrote: Any idea what could be wrong?

It sounds like a decent enough question. Just one thing: why are you asking this question on the Kodi forum, and not on the Kingston and Sony forums?
(2021-05-04, 06:56)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-05-04, 02:31)akoppa Wrote: Any idea what could be wrong?

It sounds like a decent enough question. Just one thing: why are you asking this question on the Kodi forum, and not on the Kingston and Sony forums?
Obviously cause I wish to play videos in Kodi from my Kingston USB and cause I couldn't find an answer from Sony or Kingston. That is.
Sorry for boring you.
It's not a question of being bored, you cannot start asking questions at bystanders when there are already two main parties involved.

Your Kingston USB stick needs to be recognized and 'mounted' by the Android system on your TV. Kodi has no part in that technical handshake, as Kodi simply depends on whatever the OS is presenting to its applications.

So if recognizing your USB stick by your TV is a problem, the Kodi forum is not the responsible party. I'm sorry that the USB stick seems to be allergic to your TV for some odd reason (crap happens), but using a different USB stick is a simple enough solution in this matter.
Looks like you need to contact Sony for support with this issue if their guides: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support...s/00013343 and https://www.sony.com/electronics/support...s/00015119 do not help. Although, perhaps you've solved it already!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kingston USB doesn't work in my Sony tv 55X755F0