Inconsistency in displaying album composer and performer for classical music
(2021-05-06, 19:37)schubeda Wrote: ...
Second file (tagged by hand using Puddletag, some data might be from freedb, some data by the ripper)
    comment[0]: album=Pianoforte 8
    comment[1]: artist=Ludwig van Beethoven
    comment[2]: musicbrainz_discid=k7HZ2KxQFGRK.MVc7NzQMusd6PA-

Just one note (but it doesn't affect you issue directly): Be aware of the letter case of the metadata tags! MusicBrainz uses upper case, you have lower case.
Picard is doing it in da different way for different metadata formats (and in a different way for standard tags and individual tags).

Kodi might although be somehow sensitive if a file has just some MusicBrainz tags. Kodi works best with all standard tags from Picard (incl. albumartists) – all or nothing (maybe Dave disagrees with this).

DaveBlake EDIT: Easiest to comment as a edit than way down the thread.
All mbid tags or none is the best approach. Currently if Kodi sees a MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID value is assumes all the other mbid tags it needs are there too. Yes something I guess I should make more robust, but thank fully most users either tag with Picard and have them all or don't have any. I didn't comment about the random musicbrainz_discid tag because Kodi doesn't use that tag at all.

Case does not matter for FLAC (vorbic comments), it is tagging mp4 files that is particularly case sensitive (something @"NeroRome" brought to my attention).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Inconsistency in displaying album composer and performer for classical music - by User 421137 - 2021-05-10, 23:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Inconsistency in displaying album composer and performer for classical music0