Android Amazon Firestick Keymap Long Press does not work
Hi all. I'm running kodi 19.0 on my amazon firestick 4k. Everything is up to date. It's pretty much a vanilla kodi install, only installed a few addons like YouTube and keymap editor.

I'm wanting to map my remotes info/option(hamburger icon on firesticks remote) key's long press to display player information while watching videos. From googling, on a computer, you can press the letter 'o' to show this info. I've installed the kodi plugin "keymap editor" to remap keys.

The problem I'm having is, is that long button presses don't seem to be recognized by kodi. But in the keymap editor when mapping the button if I press the button normally it shows a numeric value. If I long press the button it shows a different numeric value. So it seems kodi is aware of the difference.

For example if I open keymap editor and go to: edit -> full screen video -> other -> player debug and hit enter it asks me to press the button I want to map it to. If I normal press info button it shows the key value as "61656". If I long press the same button it shows " 16838872". When I set it to normal press and start a video and then press info button the debug info comes up. When I set it to long press and go watch a video and long press the info button the normal OSD(has start, stop, ff, rw, info, etc etc) shows. The debug info never displays.
If you edit the keymap file directly, adding the green highlighted text below will do what you want. See this for how to find and edit the keymap file:
HOW-TO:Modify_keymaps (wiki)

<keymap>
    <fullscreenvideo>
        <keyboard>
            <menu mod="longpress">PlayerProcessInfo</menu>
        </keyboard>
    </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>
(2021-05-05, 16:57)MHSwizzleStick Wrote: If you edit the keymap file directly, adding the green highlighted text below will do what you want. See this for how to find and edit the keymap file:
HOW-TO:Modify_keymaps (wiki)

<keymap>
    <fullscreenvideo>
        <keyboard>
            <menu mod="longpress">PlayerProcessInfo</menu>
        </keyboard>
    </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

@MHSwizzleStick I just tried this and it worked. Thanks a lot!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Firestick Keymap Long Press does not work0