Audiobook scanning
in V18 I'm trying to add to my audiobook collection and getting inconsistent results when scanning new items to the library.

All books are m4b files with multiple chapters
All books are tagged with genre=Audiobook

Some of the files scan fine and show up as audiobooks. These have a single entry in the "songs" database table. Other entries don't scan fine, they show up in the databases with genre="" and each chapter shows up in the "songs" database table.

So, why are some my files scanned successfully and others not? I've gone through the genre tags multiple times, with multiple tagging tools and they're all tagged identically (I've gone so far as to copy the tag from a file that works and pasting it into the tag entry for one that doesn't). 

Is there something the scanning process is looking for specifically that might cause these files to not get picked up as audiobooks?
@dsanduril

Its hard to say what the problem might be without more info. Can you provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to scan one of your problem audiobooks into the library. Lets see what that reveals.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Audiobooks
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audiobook scanning0