Casting to Kodi (Built-in)
Is it possible to natively implement casting to Kodi (e.g cast from youtube to kodi etc) in future versions of Kodi (so that casting is built-in Kodi)?

The feature is quite useful and would save people from needing to buy a chromecast or have a smart TV
and also needing to switch to that device's video input when they want to cast something..
It is already available with sendtokodi addon and kore remote app
(2021-05-06, 02:19)Zombi Wrote: It is already available with sendtokodi addon and kore remote app
I don't think that is natively casting built in feature though?

That is more like share url to kodi function.
You can't scrub the time line in the video on your phone (which would then change to that time line on the kodi video) or quickly change a video which then immediately cast the new video..
Need to change to a video, then click share button, select share to kore again etc..
If you were able to cast, you can do all these things immediately.

If you are running kodi, and click the cast button (e.g. on youtube app) it doesn't show your kodi device

There are many media players that support cast to kodi natively / built in..
-nvidia shield, google tv, apple tv..

Many people nowadays watch alot of youtube and being able to quickly cast to their TV etc. would be really good

So basically the cast to kodi feature (built-in) would be a much more better feature than share URL.
The tubecast add-on provides casting for YouTube, it implements an old revision of the cast protocol. Unfortunately castv2 is locked to Google authorized devices.
Sad 
(2021-05-08, 00:13)enen92 Wrote: The tubecast add-on provides casting for YouTube, it implements an old revision of the cast protocol. Unfortunately castv2 is locked to Google authorized devices.

Brother actually the app was used to work fine few days before i have updated to latest version an now it asks for tubed insted of youtube the problem is tubed have some error with playback towards some videos an if i get to play some videos i receive an error in there the point is if i can get back the early one it will be fine or u can add any feature like to use an personal api to get rid off this problem please reply an thank you...
(2021-08-12, 12:17)solitary.Taipan Wrote:
(2021-05-08, 00:13)enen92 Wrote: The tubecast add-on provides casting for YouTube, it implements an old revision of the cast protocol. Unfortunately castv2 is locked to Google authorized devices.

Brother actually the app was used to work fine few days before i have updated to latest version an now it asks for tubed insted of youtube the problem is tubed have some error with playback towards some videos an if i get to play some videos i receive an error in there the point is if i can get back the early one it will be fine or u can add any feature like to use an personal api to get rid off this problem please reply an thank you...

I'll add a setting to set the default playback addon. Thanks for reporting
Casting to Kodi has worked for a long time via the UPnP protocol. Enable UPnP on Kodi and install something like BubbleUPnP onto Android mobile (or equivalent app on other platforms) go to YouTube for example click Share to and select BubbleUPnP then it ask what UPnP you wish to use for Playback and should list Kodi.
I have Kodi connected to my TV, which is not a smart TV and has no chromecast or any other input method apart from Kodi.

I have an Amazon Prime Video subscription and I'd like to be able to cast video from the Android App to Kodi. I know that there is an Addon for Amazon Prime, but that one requires entering my Amazon username and password into a non-official addon, which is not something I'm willing to do.

I tried the BubbleUPnP suggested here, but I could only share URLs that are publicly accessible (like Youtube videos).

Is there a way to cast the video that is being reproduced by an app (like the Amazon Prime Video) to Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Casting to Kodi (Built-in)0