IPTV: Strange/wrong channel's info ("2.0" for a 5.1 stream)
Currently I wonder about the channel's info (visible by key "i") for a TV stream. It's the movie "Thirteen Days" (2000, with Kevin Costner), in German, casted on 3sat HD, by A1 TV.

The channel info for the first, default stream, named "German", AC3, shows "DOLBY" and "2.0" but I have the main sound from the center speaker (AVR with 5.1 setup). Since I had no upmixer running there is something wrong.
In video text the movie is marked as "5.1". Also my AVR shows native 5.1 as Input. Indeed it is a 5.1 signal (even if it is basically a quite poor sound and I think it is just an upmix of the original German stereo signal).

Why is it shown as "2.0" while it is a 5.1 signal? For me this is just wrong but I don't know where the error is.

BTW: The second available audio stream, named "Undetermined", MP2, has 2 channels and also the AVR shows native 2.0 input.

In the window "Audio streams" both streams are listed as "2 channels".

I use Tvheadend, on Linux Mint (recent version, with ALSA), connected by HDMI (only) at my AVR. Passthru is active (for AC3, and other formats).

To say it clear: It is working as expected and the audio signal is processed correct, just the displayed channels are wrong!

Log (non debug)
Video OSD can sometimes show incorrect values as the graphics are limited & the skin might not be interpreting things properly. For example you may see 720p when the video is <1280x720.

What do you see when you look at PlayerProcessInfo for that channel, the "O" key? It could be that it's just passing PCM 2 channels and the skin is reading the values wrong. Always worth checking with Estuary to rule out any skin issue.
I saw now the "problem" is only at "3sat HD".

For the SD channel, "3sat" ("576 SD"), the audio channels info is correct: "5.1".

---

The info at "Player process info" is correct.
For SD and HD I see all channels for the audio stream: "FL, FR, FC, LFE, SL, SR, ff-ac3, 32 bits, 48,000 Hz".
"Video decoder: ff-h264-vaapi (HW)" is used for both, SD and HD.
Just the Video stream info is different, but this is like it should be.
BTW: I just have "Estuary".
Strange: Now I switched back from SD to HD and suddenly the channels in the info-overlay is correct. "5.1" is shown now!

The problem might be the info-overlay shows the info when the stream was established. I established the stream while the News have been on air, before the movie started. The News have only been broadcasted with 2 channels.
If it is working this way, I wonder.
Wouldn't it be fine to have the current channels info when pressing the "i" key? Old info is IMHO just useless.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV: Strange/wrong channel's info ("2.0" for a 5.1 stream)0