v19 Interruptions during video streaming from a satellite TV settop box (enigma 2)
Hi

I have some problems with the enigma plugin and Kodi / LibreElec.

I was using a raspberry pi 2 to stream live video and recordings from my settop box (satellite receiver Gigablue Quad HD). I installed libreElec (Version 9.2 with Kodi 18.9). But after a while (it could be two minutes or sometimes 10 or more minutes) the video stream hung. It will continue for a few seconds and than it hung again.

I guessed that the raspberry pi 2 (with license for hardware decoding) was to slow to handle all the data. So I bought a raspberry pi 4 with 4 GB RAM and the same LibreElec version. But the raspberry pi 4 had the same problems.

No matter what kind of network connection I used (settop box - switch - access point - wifi - raspberry pi 4, settopbox - switch - powerline adapter - lan - raspberry pi 4) there were interruptions during streaming videos.

On my cellphone I have an app called "dream Player". It's an enigma 2 player for android and this app has no problems with streaming from thes settop box. So I don't think the problem is the settop box or the network connection.

My next try was installing a Intel NUC 6 (Intel celeron processor) with Windows 10 and Kodi 19. For the network access to the settop box I used wifi. The distance between access point and the nuc was about 3 meter. But with the NUC I had the same problems asas with the raspberry pis.

My last try was to "replace" Kodi with the videolan VLC player. And surprise ... the video stream was shown smooth without any problems.

Now it's up to you ;-)

Any ideas what the problem can be? Are there any other addons than the "default" enigma2 (from the default Kodi repository)?

Regards,

Ironarrow
There are no alternative addons. Kodi PVR is designed to run on a LAN. Please try the LibreElec 19 alpha on the RPI4. That is what I’m running and it works perfectly.

I have not heard of any windows users having issues on 19/19.1

If the video is hanging it must be a weird compatibility issue between the kodi devices and your gigablue box. But that feels unlikely.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2021-05-08, 22:08)phunkyfish Wrote: There are no alternative addons. Kodi PVR is designed to run on a LAN. Please try the LibreElec 19 alpha on the RPI4. That is what I’m running and it works perfectly.

I have not heard of any windows users having issues on 19/19.1

If the video is hanging it must be a weird compatibility issue between the kodi devices and your gigablue box. But that feels unlikely.
Thank you for your answer. I tried the LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.95.2.img.gz (LibreElec 10.0 Beta). I don't know if it's because of beeing the beta version, but the official 7" Raspberry touch screen is not supported. Usually I create the SD card, insert it into my raspberry pi and the touch screen is working. With the beta version, I don't see any output. When I plug in an external display using HDMI, it works.

Is there any beta build that includes support for the official touch screen?
I’m afraid I have no idea. You would need to ask on the LibreElec forum. Remember also that for the Rpi4 it is actually an alpha build. So a very early version.

Does the addon work ok on that build?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2021-05-09, 23:18)phunkyfish Wrote: I’m afraid I have no idea. You would need to ask on the LibreElec forum. Remember also that for the Rpi4 it is actually an alpha build. So a very early version.

Does the addon work ok on that build?

I have found some hints how to enable the 7" touch screen, but without success. I will wait until the final version is released and than I will test the enigma2 plugin again.

I will report if it works or if I still have some issues.

Thank you for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interruptions during video streaming from a satellite TV settop box (enigma 2)0