How to change from "The Movie Database Python" to "Universal Movie Scraper"?
Few month ago I had "set content" for my video source and as Information Provider had set "The Movie Database Python".
I've scanned 1500+ movies on 3 drives in 3 video source with this setting.

Now I've realized I would prefer having the Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic and some other advanced metadata, and would like to use Universal Movie Scraper.

Q1: What is the right and most effective way to migrate to Universal Movie Scraper?
Q2: Will the artwork now refreshed (and probably changed) by this process?
Q3: Should I clean then repopulate Thumbnails? (I am using texturecache.py to maintain thumbnails)
(2021-05-14, 09:20)Listener Wrote: Q1: What is the right and most effective way to migrate to Universal Movie Scraper?
Change it on your Source. But that won't do anything until you delete your library and rescrape with the new scraper.

(2021-05-14, 09:20)Listener Wrote: Q2: Will the artwork now refreshed (and probably changed) by this process?
If you are not using local artwork, then Yes it will.

(2021-05-14, 09:20)Listener Wrote: Q3: Should I clean then repopulate Thumbnails? (I am using texturecache.py to maintain thumbnails)
Yes, otherwise your cache will double in size for no benefit
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-05-14, 09:39)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-05-14, 09:20)Listener Wrote: Q1: What is the right and most effective way to migrate to Universal Movie Scraper?
Change it on your Source. But that won't do anything until you delete your library and rescrape with the new scraper.
(2021-05-14, 09:20)Listener Wrote: Q2: Will the artwork now refreshed (and probably changed) by this process?
If you are not using local artwork, then Yes it will.
(2021-05-14, 09:20)Listener Wrote: Q3: Should I clean then repopulate Thumbnails? (I am using texturecache.py to maintain thumbnails)
Yes, otherwise your cache will double in size for no benefit

Many thanks for the fast and detailed answer.

So I change the content setting on the source, by changing information provider to Universal Movie Scraper. Then how can "delete my library"? (the rescape part is clear).
Should I for example simply plug out the USB drive, then clean the library? Or is there anything less drastic or more efficient?
(2021-05-15, 08:53)Listener Wrote: Then how can "delete my library"?
Set the Content to None (same place where you changed the scraper)
It will ask you if you want to remove items from the library, answer Yes.
Then change content back to Movies and rescrape.
Do this for each source you want to rescrape.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-05-15, 09:06)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 08:53)Listener Wrote: Then how can "delete my library"?
Set the Content to None (same place where you changed the scraper)
It will ask you if you want to remove items from the library, answer Yes.
Then change content back to Movies and rescrape.
Do this for each source you want to rescrape.
Many thx for helping. I am going to give it a shot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change from "The Movie Database Python" to "Universal Movie Scraper"?0