Kodi 19.1 Hanging on Preparing 0%
Just updated all instances of kodi today - two windows machines and two macs. We have a shared library between all of them. While the windows installs are fine, both macs seem to get stuck on updating the library saying 'preparing 0%'.

If I manually cancel the library scan it is fine and I can play all the currently scanned in files, I just can't scan in new ones.

I think I have created a debug log, though I've never done it before, so don't know if I did it right! 

https://paste.kodi.tv/xalepusuzo.kodi

Can anyone help locate what might be the issue?
(2021-05-15, 18:48)Astano Wrote: We have a shared library between all of them

MYSQL: Connected to version 5.5.68-MariaDB
It may be a good idea to update the SQL server as well, v5.5 is EOL already. MariaDB is doing v10.5 as stable nowadays.

I also see a couple of these: "Process directory 'smb://DiskStation/public/Documentaries/Blablah.../' does not exist - skipping scan".
Are you sure your SMB sources work correctly on that Kodi client?
(2021-05-15, 19:03)Klojum Wrote:

It may be a good idea to update the SQL server as well, v5.5 is EOL already. MariaDB is doing v10.5 as stable nowadays.

I also see a couple of these: "Process directory 'smb://DiskStation/public/Documentaries/Blablah.../' does not exist - skipping scan".

I have no idea how to update the SQL server. My brother set up the shared library for us in the first place. I will see if he can do that for me.

With regard to sources, actually no, I can't play any files. I was sure I had tried on the laptop I debugged on, but obviously not. My brain is fried from many things not going smoothly with this upgrade!

Would I just remove and readd the sources or is there another way to fix them?
(2021-05-15, 19:20)Astano Wrote:
(2021-05-15, 19:03)Klojum Wrote:

I have no idea how to update the SQL server. My brother set up the shared library for us in the first place. I will see if he can do that for me.

With regard to sources, actually no, I can't play any files. I was sure I had tried on the laptop I debugged on, but obviously not. My brain is fried from many things not going smoothly with this upgrade!

Would I just remove and readd the sources or is there another way to fix them?
I think it is something to do with the source being smb://.....

When I go into videos and then files and try to open one of the folders that it tells me operation timed out. I can change the source so that it points to volumes/.... however that not only scans everything in fresh, but I don't know if that means I will have to make sure my diskstation is loaded as a drive before opening kodi everytime?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.1 Hanging on Preparing 0%0