• 2(current)
v19 Music Visualization - Changes in font, colour & size and data shown
Hi, jjd-uk,
thanks for your kind help with that. I understand that you have already solved the whole of my query, while I'm still struggling in my attempts to at least copy/paste your work ...
Do you have a link for the whole code with all its current alterations (see above)?
Could you please instruct me as to how to copy/paste this updated code link to the corresponding file on my device (as I certainly do not feel comfortable modifying this xml file - being absolutely clueless what I'm about to do ...)?
Thanks in advance, best regards
I'll update the code paste. The best way might be copy the Estuary skin with a new unique id. It might take a few days for me to have time for a full set of instructions if no one else chimes in.
Photo 
(2021-05-16, 19:49)jjd-uk Wrote: I'll update the code paste. The best way might be copy the Estuary skin with a new unique id. It might take a few days for me to have time for a full set of instructions if no one else chimes in.
Thanks so much for your great help. I'll gladly wait for your updated code paste.
And please make your set of instructions suitable for dummies, i.e. step by step, starting with the location of the respective xml file on my device ...
... despite being aware of the fact that I'm certainly in no position to ask you for yet another favour:

i) could you please remove "Genre" and "Rating" completely, and swap lines 2 and 4 (then 3) to eventually yield the following:

track number. track title
album title [year]
artist

with these formats

track number. = green, regular font
track title = white, Italics
album title = white, regular font
​​​​​[year]​​​​​ = yellow, regular font
artist = blue, regular font

ii) please use identical line spacings and identical font size throughout (something between 20 and 28, whatever is easiest for you)

​​​​​​​Thank you very much in advance and have a good start to the week, best regards
Updated at https://gist.github.com/jjd-uk/8d904ee77...c4d9228c24

Gives

Disc number for multi-disc albums was also removed as you didn't mention it.

Next track info also as again it was not mentioned.

Do you have access to a laptop/desktop computer on which you can do edits?
Rainbow 
Thanks for your very kind help, jjd-uk.
If it isn't too much to ask: could you please bring back the "Next track" line in its usual (default) format. It would be nice to keep that.
Also: could you change the release date to [2000] (i.e. keep the square brackets white), if it isn't too much of a hassle?

Regarding desktop PC: I have installed Kodi only on this Lenovo tablet, and it would be extremely convenient, if it is possible to swap for your Estuary skin adaptation without having to leave Android 10 OS. Would there be a way for that?
I realised from your first post you were running Kodi on a Lenovo Android device, and that's precisely why I asked if you had access to a computer, not to run Kodi on it but to have the ability to edit skin xml files for yourself as that will heavily influence the best way forward for you to get a modified Estuary onto your Lenovo,
(2021-05-17, 19:00)PeterD. Wrote: If it isn't too much to ask: could you please bring back the "Next track" line in its usual (default) format. It would be nice to keep that.
Also: could you change the release date to [2000] (i.e. keep the square brackets white), if it isn't too much of a hassle?

Simple enough

With smaller font size for next

With same font size as rest

Thanks for the prompt response.
Yes, if it is advantageous, and if it simplifies things, then I could use a laptop for editing. The only remaining, huge problem with that (aka the elephant in the room ...) would be me ...
Photo 
I think I go for option A in your last post (smaller font size than the rest).
Where do you keep your media/music stored? just wondering if you have some network shared folder that could be used to get the files onto the Lenovo.
Nope, no NAS there on offer. All music data is stored locally on the Lenovo (Android 10) tablet. Usually, the laptop does not come into play, when handling mp3 files ... Sorry to (once again) disappoint you, but I'm sure that transfering files is less of a problem for me than creating/editing them.
Hi jjd-uk, while I'm waiting for your kind instructions (suitable for dummies ...) regarding the edits, can I ask you for a minor final change to the desired modification:
yesterday I've opted for the return of the bottom "next track" line, with smaller font size than the above three lines. My really last favour would be to place the track title under quotes resulting in the following first line:
track number. "track title"
the format for everything remains unchanged, with the track title in Italics (white) and the quotes also white, but in regular font.
Like thisHuh

Thumbs Up 
... yes, precisely (from the screenshot it's difficult to judge, but I guess both " " are in regular font!)
Would it be possible to alter the colour of the word "Next: ..." (just this one word and the : at the beginning of line 4) as well, e.g. from the current dark blue to green?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Visualization - Changes in font, colour & size and data shown0