Only some of the buttons on my remote work, how to fix?
I'm trying to get this pdp remote to work with kodi on windows but i'm having trouble.

Most of the buttons work but some of them just don't register anything in kodi at all (nothing in the logs).

The regular playstation buttons work fine like the face and trigger buttons but the enter button and ones on the bottom like play/pause/ff/rw/volume buttons don't register at all.

Maybe i have to do something in windows first to get them to work, not sure. Does anyone have any experience with a remote like this?
Hope you have installed Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki) and had a peek at Remote controls (wiki) but I doubt this would be much help but you might want to look MCE remote controls (wiki)

If all fails... Check out this device FLIRC (wiki) (wiki)
(2021-05-18, 03:00)PatK Wrote: Hope you have installed Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki) and had a peek at Remote controls (wiki) but I doub this would be much help but you might want to look MCE remote controls (wiki)

I all fails... Check out this device FLIRC (wiki) (wiki)

Yeah i've tried keymap editor but it doesn't recognize the buttons either.

i have been looking into flirc, if that would make kodi recognize the buttons then i'd have no problem using that but i don't want to waste $20 if it doesn't do anything Confused.
(2021-05-18, 12:53)Shogunreaper Wrote: i have been looking into flirc, if that would make kodi recognize the buttons then i'd have no problem using that but i don't want to waste $20 if it doesn't do anything Confused.

Yes it will do.

What the flirc does is receive any IR code from a remote then makes it appear as input from a HID device, in other words a keyboard, so to Kodi the input is seen just as if it was from a normal keyboard.
(2021-05-18, 14:27)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2021-05-18, 12:53)Shogunreaper Wrote: i have been looking into flirc, if that would make kodi recognize the buttons then i'd have no problem using that but i don't want to waste $20 if it doesn't do anything Confused.

Yes it will do.

What the flirc does is receive any IR code from a remote then makes it appear as input from a HID device, in other words a keyboard, so to Kodi the input is seen just as if it was from a normal keyboard.

I see, thanks for the suggestion!

I have ordered one, i will post back my results.
Well i tried it and it didn't work.

i can't even configure the remote as flirc doesn't seem to register any buttons at all.
Have you followed https://support.flirc.tv/hc/en-us/articl..._site=true

Note it can be programmed on any available pc/laptop as the config is stored on the flirc and then used on an entirely different device.
Damn, apologies I didn't realise before but that remote seems to be bluetooth only, so it won't work with flirc as it's only compatible with IR remotes.
Now you have flirc, you should be able use any IR remote you have available, for example if you've an old dvd player remote.
(2021-05-23, 04:17)jjd-uk Wrote: Damn, apologies I didn't realise before but that remote seems to be bluetooth only, so it won't work with flirc as it's only compatible with IR remotes.

but it seems to have some ir buttons on it though? The power/volume/input ones.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Only some of the buttons on my remote work, how to fix?0