Issue with MPAA ratings and .nfo files
Not sure if this is a bug, or some setting I've missed. Apologies if it is.

For movies that are like the below in the .nfo files there is no issue.
Code:
<mpaa>Rated R</mpaa>

However, if there is an added descriptor included after the rating, the movie shows up as a NR (not rated) icon instead or the R it would show if there were no added descriptor.

Code:
<mpaa>Rated R for violence and some language</mpaa>

This is mostly for RightList, but shows up with the same issue in other layouts that have an MPAA rating in the footer (Logo, Showcase, Shift, Posters, etc.)
(2021-05-18, 21:24)Twinsen Wrote:
Code:
That won't work. Flags work on a 1:1 match between the value in the tags and the skin, anything else and it won't match.

Why are you adding these types of ratings?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-05-18, 21:41)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-05-18, 21:24)Twinsen Wrote:
Code:
That won't work. Flags work on a 1:1 match between the value in the tags and the skin, anything else and it won't match.

Why are you adding these types of ratings?
They were added by Ember Media Manager. There's a field in the program for MPAA Rating Description that some movies have and it automatically adds them to the .nfo like above.

Is there a way around the Flags needing to be a 1:1 match? I used to use Transparency! before it was retired for 19, and the MPAA ratings showed up correctly even with the added descriptors.
You will need to modify the skin files... https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox....xml#L1039
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-05-18, 22:25)Karellen Wrote: You will need to modify the skin files... https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox....xml#L1039
Ah OK, that makes sense now. I'll look into the old Transparency! files and see if I can find a way to get the same type of experience. Thanks Karellen!
(2021-05-18, 22:28)Twinsen Wrote:
(2021-05-18, 22:25)Karellen Wrote: You will need to modify the skin files... https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox....xml#L1039
Ah OK, that makes sense now. I'll look into the old Transparency! files and see if I can find a way to get the same type of experience. Thanks Karellen!

Figured it out! For anyone else that wanted to replicate, I used the below from Transparency! edited to this theme's Textures.xbt in place of the original code in Varibles.xml linked above.

Code:
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated G) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated: G)">G.png</value>
        <value condition="[String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated PG) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated: PG)] + !String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated PG-13) + !String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated: PG-13)">PG.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated PG-13) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated: PG-13)">PG-13.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated R) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated: R)">R.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated NC-17) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated: NC-17)">NC-17.png</value>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with MPAA ratings and .nfo files0