Solved Philips Hue playbars
I have 4 Philips playbars behind my TV and I run the philips sync app together with Kodi 19.1 on my Intel Nuc with Windows 10. With sync on, Kodi crashes more often, especially with 4k movies. If I turn sync off, I have no problem.
(2021-05-20, 16:43)Theike Wrote: If I turn sync off, I have no problem.
Guess that's why they have that option, and in your case it's working fine. I note the phrase 'more often', as in sometimes it plays out well? Which in turn suggests the hardware limits. Looking at a review of Philips Hue Play Light Bar, Philips Hue (wiki) you may get some help in this area https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=344886
Ok thanks already tried that addon but its not real ambilight only one color on 4 playbars.
Love someone to take this on and write real ambilight software, might be a good 'feature request' but you might need more processing power.
If the Sync software is causing issues then the only fix maybe the expensive option of buying the Sync box.
Just bought a new TV, my wife will kill me lol
After a lot of trouble getting Kodi up and running, with my philips playbars.
Finally it works by setting the resolution to 1920x1080.
Because at 3840x2160 I always had problems on my nuc.
Like micro stutter, 4k hdr movies that got stuck.
Intel NUC Kit NUC8i3BEH
Ok turned the nuc back on and again the whole micro stutter thing.
When I play the same movie in windows everything is ok no micro stutter.
Also the colors are better then in kodi so I don't know anymore,it's driving me nuts.
Uninstalled the thunderbolt driver, everything ok now.
Thanks for getting back to this thread, who would have guessed and it might help another thunderbolt user down the road.

Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips Hue playbars0