PVR Timers - Show art instead of channel icon?
Hi, I LOVE the Amber skin, and have been using it for quite a while.  I just started using NextPVR, and noticed that the Timers listed (both in the Timers window, and shelf) are using the Channel Icon instead of the Show cover art.  But, when I go into the program details, the show art is showing (see screenshots attached).

Is there a way to either edit something, or get an option to show the show art instead of channel icons?

Also, is it possible to get the Season/Episode info in the Timer listings?  The default Kodi skin does this, but Amber does not.

EDIT: I can't get a pic to attach, so here are OneDrive links to the screenshots:
Current Timer Shelf Image
Program Info Image
(2021-05-20, 17:59)ixalthim Wrote: Hi, I LOVE the Amber skin, and have been using it for quite a while.  I just started using NextPVR, and noticed that the Timers listed (both in the Timers window, and shelf) are using the Channel Icon instead of the Show cover art.  But, when I go into the program details, the show art is showing (see screenshots attached).

Is there a way to either edit something, or get an option to show the show art instead of channel icons?

Also, is it possible to get the Season/Episode info in the Timer listings?  The default Kodi skin does this, but Amber does not.

EDIT: I can't get a pic to attach, so here are OneDrive links to the screenshots:
Program Info Image
@ixalthim, this is doable in the timers window.  In the shelf it is a bit tricky, as a programme might not have a poster and have fanart, or vice versa.  Would it be OK with you to show the art like the Favorites shelf? That way it won't matter what artwork the programme has.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-20, 19:46)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-20, 17:59)ixalthim Wrote: Hi, I LOVE the Amber skin, and have been using it for quite a while.  I just started using NextPVR, and noticed that the Timers listed (both in the Timers window, and shelf) are using the Channel Icon instead of the Show cover art.  But, when I go into the program details, the show art is showing (see screenshots attached).

Program Info Image
@ixalthim, this is doable in the timers window.  In the shelf it is a bit tricky, as a programme might not have a poster and have fanart, or vice versa.  Would it be OK with you to show the art like the Favorites shelf? That way it won't matter what artwork the programme has.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I'm unsure how it looks in Favorites (I don't use it). I re-enabled favorites, and added a few items, and it added the Show posters.  As far as I could tell, it looked great, and if the Timers looked this way, that would be awesome!
(2021-05-20, 19:46)bsoriano Wrote: @ixalthim, this is doable in the timers window.  In the shelf it is a bit tricky, as a programme might not have a poster and have fanart, or vice versa.  Would it be OK with you to show the art like the Favorites shelf? That way it won't matter what artwork the programme has.  Please let me know.  Thanks.
pvr.nextpvr can be configured to prefer poster or landscape art for the EPG art URL if that makes it less tricky. 

Martin
(2021-05-20, 20:28)emveepee Wrote:
(2021-05-20, 19:46)bsoriano Wrote: @ixalthim, this is doable in the timers window.  In the shelf it is a bit tricky, as a programme might not have a poster and have fanart, or vice versa.  Would it be OK with you to show the art like the Favorites shelf? That way it won't matter what artwork the programme has.  Please let me know.  Thanks.
pvr.nextpvr can be configured to prefer poster or landscape art for the EPG art URL if that makes it less tricky. 

Martin
Thanks Martin.  Personally, I prefer the fan art in the guide (at least in the Amber skin).  In the shelf, I don't think I would have a preference.  Either would be better than the channel icon.
(2021-05-20, 20:08)ixalthim Wrote:
(2021-05-20, 19:46)bsoriano Wrote:

Program Info Image

Regards,

Bart
I'm unsure how it looks in Favorites (I don't use it). I re-enabled favorites, and added a few items, and it added the Show posters.  As far as I could tell, it looked great, and if the Timers looked this way, that would be awesome!
@ixalthim , thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber

Program Info Image
@ixalthim , I have made some changes, they are already on GitHub (Matrix only at this time).  I have added the season/episode info in the timer listings, and I have changed the image displayed to be that returned by the EPG from your PVR backend.  I do not know if this is what you were looking fo, since I have no way of testing the image returned, as my PVR backend does not return any images and I only have the channel logo available.

If you are willing to updates/test from GitHub, please do so and let me know how it looks now.  Thanks.

If possible, please send me screenshots of the timers shelf and of the timers listings screen.  You can attach a screenshot that you have in your machine very easily in this forum, just use the "i"button in the toolbar that is next to the smiley face.  That will prompt you to select an image that you have locally, and insert it in the message.  

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-21, 23:57)bsoriano Wrote:

Program Info Image
@ixalthim , I have made some changes, they are already on GitHub (Matrix only at this time).  I have added the season/episode info in the timer listings, and I have changed the image displayed to be that returned by the EPG from your PVR backend.  I do not know if this is what you were looking fo, since I have no way of testing the image returned, as my PVR backend does not return any images and I only have the channel logo available.

If you are willing to updates/test from GitHub, please do so and let me know how it looks now.  Thanks.

If possible, please send me screenshots of the timers shelf and of the timers listings screen.  You can attach a screenshot that you have in your machine very easily in this forum, just use the "i"button in the toolbar that is next to the smiley face.  That will prompt you to select an image that you have locally, and insert it in the message.  

Regards,

Bart
This is EXACTLY what I wanted!  Thanks sooooo much!  

One more that shows without the text under the images, since this is how I would prefer it:

Is it possible to have the same images in the Timer Rules window (currently shows channel icons)?  not sure if it's possible since it's not a specific episode, although, I would want the same thing, with the show art, not episode art.  If not, no worries, and thanks so much for the ridiculously fast support!
(2021-05-22, 00:17)ixalthim Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 23:57)bsoriano Wrote:

Program Info Image

Regards,

Bart

One more that shows without the text under the images, since this is how I would prefer it:

@ixalthim , you can change the artwork type for the tv timers shelf to Poster, that does not have text below the art, or you can disable showing text underneath Square artwork when you configure the shelf.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-22, 00:22)ixalthim Wrote: Is it possible to have the same images in the Timer Rules window (currently shows channel icons)?  not sure if it's possible since it's not a specific episode, although, I would want the same thing, with the show art, not episode art.  If not, no worries, and thanks so much for the ridiculously fast support!
@ixalthim , the timers and timer rules window is the same file, and thus the code is showing the same image type.  If it is showing the channel icon for timer rules, it's because your PVR backend does not provide an EPG Event Icon for the timer rules.  I do not think there is anything I can do to show the show art in this case.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-22, 19:20)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 00:17)ixalthim Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 23:57)bsoriano Wrote: @ixalthim , I have made some changes, they are already on GitHub (Matrix only at this time).  I have added the season/episode info in the timer listings, and I have changed the image displayed to be that returned by the EPG from your PVR backend.  I do not know if this is what you were looking fo, since I have no way of testing the image returned, as my PVR backend does not return any images and I only have the channel logo available.

Regards,

Bart

@ixalthim , you can change the artwork type for the tv timers shelf to Poster, that does not have text below the art, or you can disable showing text underneath Square artwork when you configure the shelf.

Regards,

Bart
Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear.  The last image was after I made those changes you suggest.  Ultimately I ended up using the fanart instead of posters, but left the text turned off.
(2021-05-22, 19:23)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 00:22)ixalthim Wrote: Is it possible to have the same images in the Timer Rules window (currently shows channel icons)?  not sure if it's possible since it's not a specific episode, although, I would want the same thing, with the show art, not episode art.  If not, no worries, and thanks so much for the ridiculously fast support!
@ixalthim , the timers and timer rules window is the same file, and thus the code is showing the same image type.  If it is showing the channel icon for timer rules, it's because your PVR backend does not provide an EPG Event Icon for the timer rules.  I do not think there is anything I can do to show the show art in this case.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for the info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Timers - Show art instead of channel icon?0