Android Fire TV Stick and Confluence Skin: Settings menu disappeared, how to get access?
Hi,

I am running Kodi 19.1 on a Fire TV stick and Confluence, and for some stupid reasons, I have hidden some menus in the settings, which now has brought me to a skin where there is no more shortcut to the settings menu, and also no shortcuts to the file explorer also.

So, simple question: how do I get the settings menu back? This is kind of a dead end situation for me, which should never be able to happen. Anyway, how can I solve it?

1.) is there a keyboard shortcut for the settings menu? I have the Fire TV keyboard app but cannot find a shortcut to get it
2.) can I somehow get to the config file for confluence and reenable the menu for the settings - which one is it, where is it located, and what way can it be accessed on the fire TV stick?

Can you please give me a hint how to reenable settings? Thanks!
Thread moved to confluence support section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
"S" key should give you the Power menu which should have a Settings option.
(2021-05-22, 17:48)FXB78 Wrote: "S" key should give you the Power menu which should have a Settings option.

Unfiortunately, S only gives me an option to exit, but not for the settings menu in confluence.

It was really tricky, since he ueserdata-path in the wiki is wrong (who is responsible for correcting the Kodi wiki?)

The actual path was /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.confluence
I had to adb pull settings.xml from there, modify it and set

<setting id="homemenunosystembutton" type="bool">false</setting>

and then adb push it back.

This is way too much effort for an ordinary user, since this setting is easy for a novice user to alter in Kodi. I wish there would be a better/easier solution for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Stick and Confluence Skin: Settings menu disappeared, how to get access?0