Can’t delete db files
Hi I’ve been having problems with kodi for awhile now with constant error messages so I googled it and I found that I needed to delete the db files an when I try and delete them it comes up with another error message. Even completely deleting and reinstalling kodi doesn’t work, this is the log file, https://paste.kodi.tv/tugositoxu, any help would be highly appreciated.
(2021-05-23, 02:33)NerdyNerd225 Wrote: ve been having problems with kodi for awhile now with constant error messages
What are the error messages? Nothing in your log except Banned Add-ons (wiki) which means the errors did not pop up when you created this particular log.

I would hazard a guess that the problems you are experiencing are a result of the Banned Add-ons (wiki).

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-05-23, 03:09)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 02:33)NerdyNerd225 Wrote: ve been having problems with kodi for awhile now with constant error messages
What are the error messages? Nothing in your log except Banned Add-ons (wiki) which means the errors did not pop up when you created this particular log.

I would hazard a guess that the problems you are experiencing are a result of the Banned Add-ons (wiki).

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Everytime I try to delete the db file it shows ‘Failed to delete at least one file. Check log for more information’ also here is the new log file
https://paste.kodi.tv/eviyodiyof
All I see is this...

xml:
ERROR <general>: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\Addons33.db
ERROR <general>: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://profile/Database/Addons33.db
But you are going to have to explain why you are trying to do this and how you are doing this. It is not normal to be deleting Kodi system files while you are in Kodi. It won't delete because Kodi is using it.

Before we go any further though, you need to uninstall those Banned Add-ons (wiki) from your system. Look through the log, and any addon in orange text needs to be removed (from your system, not the log)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-05-23, 03:09)Karellen Wrote:

How exactly do I get rid of the banned addons as I’m not the one who setup kodi so I don’t know which ones are banned or not
(2021-05-23, 03:32)NerdyNerd225 Wrote: How exactly do I get rid of the banned addons as I’m not the one who setup kodi so I don’t know which ones are banned or not
They are the orange entries in the log as I already stated.

Then find them in your Add-ons manager, open up the information screen for the addon and select uninstall/remove.
Some will be located in Settings>Add-ons>My Add-ons
Others will be in Manage Dependencies here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Add-ons
My Signature
(2021-05-23, 03:31)Karellen Wrote: All I see is this...

xml:
ERROR <general>: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\Addons33.db
ERROR <general>: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://profile/Database/Addons33.db
But you are going to have to explain why you are trying to do this and how you are doing this. It is not normal to be deleting Kodi system files while you are in Kodi. It won't delete because Kodi is using it.

Before we go any further though, you need to uninstall those Banned Add-ons (wiki) from your system. Look through the log, and any addon in orange text needs to be removed (from your system, not the log)
Ok it think I have removed all the banned addons, I am trying to delete the addons33.db file in kodi setting file manager, I am doing this because error messages keep popping up saying check log for more information so I google it and many websites said to delete addon.db files yet it won’t let me.
https://paste.kodi.tv/jobucorica
(2021-05-23, 03:52)NerdyNerd225 Wrote: Ok it think I have removed all the banned addons
Nice, thanks. Smile

(2021-05-23, 03:52)NerdyNerd225 Wrote: I am trying to delete the addons33.db file in kodi setting file manager, I am doing this because error messages keep popping up saying check log for more information so I google it and many websites said to delete addon.db files yet it won’t let me.
Ok. First bit of advice is... be wary of advice given in the open internet. Not all solutions offered by 3rd parties are suitable or work.
You need to know what the error is first, and the error may not necessarily be related to an add-on. And deleting a database, even if the problem is with an add-on, won't solve the problem because the addon has the problem, not the database.

Also, just like using MS Windows, you can't delete system files while they are in use. Same with Kodi (and most programs) you cannot delete system files while they are in use, and while Kodi is running, then they are in use.

I still cannot see any errors in the log. Did you capture the error in that last log? Can you ensure that the error is captured in the log. So do whatever it is you normally do to cause the error, and ensure it happens while you are creating another Debug Log. Also, I note you are using the Log Uploader. Sometimes if you are too quick with the uploading, Kodi has not finished writing to the log, so it is possible you created the problem,, but it wasn't written to the log yet.

Explain what you are doing when the error pops up. Are you watching a local file, streaming, scraping, something else?

= Edit =
You are on Windows. No need to use the log uploader. The log is here... C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log copy and paste it to Kodi Paste Site upload it and provide the link once you save it
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can’t delete db files0