Solved Need Command to go straight to a specific folder on local HDD.
In the process of updating my version of Kodi (was on Gotham for last 10 years??) - so I'm somewhat slow on it. Been using it...not modding it.

Been setting up AN-Silvo Home Menu. Have created a submenu called Movies (Local) -> which I want to go directly to that folder on the local drive.

This has given me the closest "ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return), but it always arrives one level above the actual files. I can go into the directory, and escape out, but if Kodi is restarted I'm back to one level above the actual files. I have tried lots of different commands, but nothing gets me there. So I need some help.

The actual movie files are located at P:\Movies. In Kodi they are in a source called "Movies (Local)" if looked at via file manager.

The other thing about this, if you are at "P:\Movies" and you can see the files, if I press the "backspace" on the keyboard, it takes me up one level. Can I stop it from doing this? I only want to be in this particular folder and NOT be able to go one level up. Thanks in advance.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
(2021-05-23, 03:17)KidKiwi Wrote: In the process of updating my version of Kodi (was on Gotham for last 10 years??) - so I'm somewhat slow on it. Been using it...not modding it.

Been setting up AN-Silvo Home Menu. Have created a submenu called Movies (Local) -> which I want to go directly to that folder on the local drive.

This has given me the closest "ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return), but it always arrives one level above the actual files. I can go into the directory, and escape out, but if Kodi is restarted I'm back to one level above the actual files. I have tried lots of different commands, but nothing gets me there. So I need some help.

The actual movie files are located at P:\Movies. In Kodi they are in a source called "Movies (Local)" if looked at via file manager.

The other thing about this, if you are at "P:\Movies" and you can see the files, if I press the "backspace" on the keyboard, it takes me up one level. Can I stop it from doing this? I only want to be in this particular folder and NOT be able to go one level up. Thanks in advance.
Figured this out myself...and it achieved both actions. For future readers....

"ActivateWindow(Videos,P:\Movies\,return)
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Command to go straight to a specific folder on local HDD.0