Why do Kodi need "Content type" when using nfos
Hi everyone. I use nfos on all of my media files to keep my library consistent between installs and devices. The nfos uses a content tag to specify the type of content the media file is.

When adding a source in Kodi; wouldn't it be better if Kodi sets the type of content based on the nfo instead of what you choose in the source window? The reason why is that I have folders which contain different types of content, and I would like to be able to access them from more than one content node.

Example:

Movie: A Star Is Born
Movie folder contains Extras which has music videos from the movie.
I would like to add these music videos under the Music Videos node as well as accessible from the Extras-addon under the Movies node.

I tried to add the source folder twice and set different content type on each. But the content type changed on both sources when changing one of them. And the music videos showed up in the Movies section even if they were tagged musicvideo in the nfo.

I wish it even could be possible to use multiple content type tags in the same nfo to add a file in multiple nodes.

Just a thought, thanks.

Roger.
Selecting content in the source is merely to direct what scraper is to be used. Would be a bit tiring to set scrapers for each individual file, and make bulk re-scraping a nightmare.
(2021-05-24, 12:05)Roger79 Wrote: if Kodi sets the type of content based on the nfo
What comes first the chicken or the egg.... .nfo doesn't exist until it's scraped, nice idea if you want to put on your programming hat.
(2021-05-24, 12:05)Roger79 Wrote: to use multiple content type tags in the same nfo
Tell me about it, but use the 'features request' area. In practice, you might be able to do this with nodes/playlists using tags. I'll save some effort and move this thread along to feature requests and see if you can get any traction.
I suppose in theory you could create a source with content type of none, then do a scraping with local info only and rely on the nfo, but there is a problem in that tv shows expect a certain folder layout.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why do Kodi need "Content type" when using nfos0