XBMC just dissappears when I open a video.
XBMC SVN: 15111
Distro: Ubuntu 8.04 Netbook Remix
Architecture: i686
Install Method: PPA
Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/f105dea12
Bactrace: http://pastebin.com/f1edec37e

Whenever I try and play a video the XBMC window just disappears. Something of note may or may not be that I am running Netbook Remix, which also didn't play nice with the Visual Effects settings in Appearance.

Audio doesn't play either, but it doesn't make the window disappear when I try to play it. I also thought it might be related to PulseAudio because of that and the output at the end of the backtrace. Sadly, I'm not knowledgeable enough of this stuff to get any further than that.
I'm pretty sure xbmc requires support for OpenGL 2.x+

Yours is saying this.
Quote:INFO: GL_VERSION = 1.3 Mesa 7.0.3-rc2

What video card do you have?
return null;
It's an Intel GMA950. What's strange is that it worked fine in the previous build, but last night Ubuntu told me it had updates for XBMC, so I installed them and now it doesn't work. I can rollback if I have to, but I figured it'd be good to make sure, if it's a bug, that developers are aware of it.
The backtrace there isn't particularly useful as it is - can you see if you can obtain info on threads as well as a bit more than just the last function in the first thread?

Thanks!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm not really sure what you mean. I haven't used Backtrace before, so I'm not really sure what to do short of following what was posted in the sticky.
Well...now it works, but with no sound in videos and they play as fast as the computer can play them. I think I read something about turning on Vertical Sync, but that slowed XBMC to about 2 fps.
vsync isn't what you need, your audio device is misconfigured (we sync to audio clock, hence the fast video) there are a couple threads discussing how to fix it, the search button is your friend. As for your backtrace, you either didn't follow the directions in the sticky as stated or didn't post the entire output, because no where in that paste was the gdb backtrace command "bt" executed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC just dissappears when I open a video.0