v19 which audio output
I am using Kodi 19.1 on RPi4 connected by hdmi.  What is the difference between the 3 output devices?  They all seem to sound the same.
Code:
vc4-hdmi-0 (), MAI PCM vc4-hdmi-hifi-0 S/PDIF
vc4-hdmi-0 (vc4hdmi0), MAI PCM vc4-hdmi-hifi-0
vc4-hdmi-0 (vc4hdmi0), MAI PCM vc4-hdmi-hifi-0 S/PDIF
(2021-05-27, 11:47)chunkysoup Wrote: I am using Kodi 19.1 on RPi4 connected by hdmi.  What is the difference between the 3 output devices?  They all seem to sound the same.
Code:
Hai,
It looks similar when i was fiddling with the first set-up. My installation is Kodi 19, LE-10, RPI4B and Hifiberry dac2 HD with active loudspeakers and a Loewe Individual TV.
I noticed those rows of options in the sound settings. When i, not on purpose, exchanged that TV by a computer monitor those where disappeared and exchanged as well. Conclusion, kind of interacting.
(2021-05-27, 11:47)chunkysoup Wrote: I am using Kodi 19.1 on RPi4 connected by hdmi.  What is the difference between the 3 output devices?  They all seem to sound the same.
Code:
well...PCM is Pulse Code Modulation, and S/PDIF is the Sony/Phillips Digital InterFace.  It seems to be going through the left HDMI port (hdmi-0) on your Pi. Your display could convert the datastream to an optical signal for output
I wonder if I can find a man page somewhere for the vc4-hdmi-hifi stuff...?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
which audio output0