Windows 10 Pro (21H1) & SMB / Client
Greetings All,

Configuration: Wiindows 10 Pro (21H1) Kodi Matrix 19.1_TP-Link Router_USB External Hard Drive

I am experiencing an issue with the recognition of my external hard drive connected to my router in the newly released version of Kodi. I have gone through the settings located
in Windows Features. I have enabled the SMB/ Client. However, when attempting to locate that drive in Kodi it is not visible. Only the two computers on my network.  

I have two systems. One, I just upgraded to the new version of Windows 10 (21H1) and Kodi 19.1. Being that previous settings are intact, I am still able to access my external drive as usual.
On the other computer, I decided to perform a fresh/ clean install. Basically starting from scratch.  I have the same settings on the newly, fresh installed computer, but unable to obtain the same results.

The question is why? I have noticed as of late, when Kodi updates versions, older features are being affected in a negative way.
(2021-05-28, 16:49)The_Inspector_69 Wrote: The question is why? I have noticed as of late, when Kodi updates versions, older features are being affected in a negative way.

Don't have an answer, but the starting point is to enable debug-level logging in Kodi, reproduce the problem, and upload the resulting log file.  As far as older features being affected, it is correct that at least in the case of Python addons, Python 2 is no longer supported by the Python community, so that forces a change on Kodi.  Likewise due to security problems, browsing for SMB shares using SMB v1 is no longer supported by Windows forcing a change on Kodi.  The decision to break an existing behavior is not taken lightly.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 Pro (21H1) & SMB / Client0